STEPS E-Bike Demo Driver - East Coast (Bike Division)
- Shimano North America Holding, Inc.
- Multiple Locations
- East Coast
- 2 year(s)
- Not Available
Shimano North America Bike, Inc. is a global company offering the world’s sporting community with top labels and brands including Shimano, Pearl Izumi, G. Loomis, Power Pro, PRO, and AIM. We are seeking a STEPS Demo Driver to join TEAM SHIMANO!
We are proud of our staff; diverse in talent, interests and backgrounds. Job seekers can find unique, one of a kind job opportunities in our fishing and cycling divisions, including national and regional sales, marketing, retail services and distribution. We offer an exceptional array of employee benefits and we are proud of a workforce that takes advantage of the health and wellness benefits we offer. Those that seek opportunities with employers that focus on reducing negative impacts on the environment need look no further than SHIMANO NORTH AMERICA . Our company is an ISO14001 certified business where environmental compliance and continual improvements are part of our business philosophy and operations. If you feel you can bring talent, innovation and enthusiasm to our workforce then please consider the opportunities we have available.
The STEPS Demo Driver is responsible for representing Shimano and Shimano’s STEPS e-bikes in the field. This position will focus on demoing Shimano STEPS equipped bikes at dealer events and non-endemic events. The STEPS Demo Driver will also lead and assist in marketing Shimano STEPS, teaching clinics, staffing consumer marketing booths; attending trade shows and sales meetings, interacting with the media and providing event market and product feedback to various offices. Current available positions will be in territory (Mountain/Central and East Coast)
- Represent Shimano at various events in a professional manner.
- Repair bicycles in a safe manner at fun ride settings.
- Communicate Shimano E-Bike marketing messages to OEMs, dealers, consumers and advocacy events
- Explore rental and non-endemic opportunities (larger events).
- Provide e-bike demos, marketing and technical support for OEM and retailers.
- Build Shimano STEPS brand recognition in territory
- Transport the demo vehicle and equipment to/from the events according to policies and regulations.
- Organize and execute independent bike dealer and non-endemic events.
- Meet demo driver requirements and policies outlined by supervisor.
- Participate in event logistics and budget planning.
- Understand and process new information quickly.
- Able to work up to 25 + events a year
- Set up and tear down vehicles and displays at events.
- Maintain vehicles, bikes and marketing displays.
- Stock and organize parts inventories in demo vehicle.
- Maintain clean work areas and equipment.
- Deliver and install in-store marketing materials at specified retail locations.
- Work together with each division of Shimano to assist their needs
- Supervise event staff on Shimano products
- Submit monthly expense reports.
- Submit monthly trip reports
- Plan schedule for each year
- Working together with sales agencies to help their needs
- Over 50% travel based
- Intermediate to advanced level knowledge of bicycle mechanics and ability to troubleshoot and repair bicycles.
- Time management skills.
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to demonstrate mechanical techniques to consumers and other members of the bike industry.
- Ability to drive long hours and work outside the office for weeks or months at a time.
- Expect to be available to work weekends and holidays.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office- Proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Superior trouble shooting skills under extreme pressure.
- Ability to confidently represent Shimano in marketing booth and tech seminar situations.
- Event support experience.
- Ability to present for a large audience
- High level knowledge of all Shimano products
- Cross-country vehicle driving experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing preferred, but not required.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. Shimano North America reserves the right to modify and change responsibilities and duties herein without notice.
Shimano North America is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply, please click on the "External Application" link, and be sure to let us know you found this job on Malakye!