Reel Service Technician - I
- Shimano North America Holding, Inc.
- United States
- Irvine, CA
- 2 year(s)
- Not Available
Shimano North America Fishing, Inc. is a global company offering the world’s sporting community with top labels and brands including, Pearl Izumi, G. Loomis, Power Pro and Innovative Textiles, Inc. (ITI). We are seeking a Reel Service Technician I to join our Irvine, CA team!
We are proud of our staff; diverse in talent, interests and backgrounds. Job seekers can find unique, one of a kind job opportunities in our fishing and cycling divisions, including national and regional sales, marketing, retail services and distribution. We offer an exceptional array of employee benefits and we are proud of a workforce that takes advantage of the health and wellness benefits we offer. Those that seek opportunities with employers that focus on reducing negative impacts on the environment need look no further than SHIMANO NORTH AMERICA. Our company is an ISO14001 certified business where environmental compliance and continual improvements are part of our business philosophy and operations. If you feel you can bring talent, innovation and enthusiasm to our workforce then please consider the opportunities we have available.
The Reel Technician I is responsible for playing a vital role in creating and maintaining loyal customers. Under direction of the immediate supervisor, must meet or exceed quotas. Maintain quality repair of reels. Communicates professionally with customers, management, and co-workers.
Job Level: Entry Level
- Analyze needed repairs on fishing reels
- Repair reels with quality and efficiency with minimal to no re-work.
- Meet or exceed reel repair quotas of ten (10) reels per day.
- Establish collaborative relationships with peers.
- Be available throughout the day to receive consumer calls.
- Respond to emails and voicemails in a timely manner for same day turnarounds.
- Maintain individual and departmental service levels and goals.
- Identify and provide feedback on any non-conformities of product being serviced.
- Mandatory overtime and weekends when required by management
- Travel if needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- AS400 knowledge preferred.
- JDE knowledge preferred
- A minimum of 2 (two) years’ experience in Customer Service required.
- A minimum of 2 (two) years’ fishing experience.
- Some mechanical skills required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office’s Word and Excel.
- High School or GED equivalent
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. Shimano North America reserves the right to modify and change responsibilities and duties herein without notice.
Shimano North America is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply, please click on the "External Application" link, and be sure to let us know you found this job on Malakye!