Purchasing Manager / Global Category Manager
- Aqua Lung America
- United States
- Vista, CA (San Diego Area)
- 6 year(s)
- Not Available
Aqua Lung America, Inc. is a manufacturer and distributor of personal aquatic equipment for recreational and professional use. Our brands include Aqua Lung, Aqua Sphere, MP Michael Phelps, OMER, Stohlquist and U.S. Divers.
At Aqua Lung we expect our employees to lead others with respect, be courageous to embrace and drive change, be mindful of our environmental impact, be efficient while being responsible to our customers, and above all else to be honest and do the right thing as we work to together to succeed as a team and achieve company goals.
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for overseeing a team of buyers in all aspects of the locally performed Purchasing functions within the organization in a multiple division, multiple warehouse environment. Position also includes but is not limited to, developing a purchasing strategy for on time delivery, supplier quality, and inventory turns. In addition, position requires identifying vendors of materials and services both in country and out of country, interviewing them as necessary to determine their ability to provide products and services required, as well as negotiating price and terms of sale.
The incumbent will also serve as Global Category Manager responsible for strategic sourcing and procurement of plastics and injection molding across the Aqua Lung Group.
Domestic and international travel (Europe and Asia) at least 25% of the time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Implement a supplier based strategy to support demand requirements with an emphasis on continuous improvement in the supply chain.
• Develop, negotiate, finalize vendor agreements independently, or together with members of other departments as required.
• Manage/mentor a team of buyers to ensure materials are procured on time, within cost, and are of acceptable quality.
• Review and approve Purchase orders submitted by buying team in accordance with requirements and inventory objectives.
• Perform cost estimate evaluations for products in the upcoming season based on a mix of known and assumed data inputs.
• Implements or approves plans to work out remedies for defective or unacceptable goods or services including resolving claims against or by suppliers.
• Responsible for maintaining accurate and complete files of all procurement resources for future reference.
• Using the Group Procurement methodology to define business needs, assess supply markets, define strategy, conduct tendering and negotiation.
• Prepare and hold business reviews with stakeholders to review vendor performance, future opportunities, and/or challenges.
• Work with business and finance leaders to identify and drive savings and controllership improvements, focusing on total cost of ownership.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
An ideal candidate must demonstrate the ability to:
• Highly skilled in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel Spreadsheet, and Outlook). Advanced Excel is required.
• Fluent in other languages (French, Italian, Chinese) a plus.
• Strong negotiator with proven experience in setting negotiation strategies and conducting negotiations.
• Strong analytical skills including the ability to quickly synthesize, distill and draw conclusions on large amounts of disparate data
• Bachelor’s in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Finance, or Engineering.
• Certification from ISM or APICS preferred.
• Experience with Lean and/or Six Sigma manufacturing concepts a plus.
• 5-7 years experience working in a high volume, retail, consumer products environment, preferred.
• 7+ years of relevant strategic sourcing experience.
• Minimum 3 years procurement of plastic parts in a multinational corporation with global contracts.
• Extensive knowledge of the basic types of commercial agreement structures and the function and purpose of key legal terms. Can assess risk and concisely explain complex issues to principal business owners.
• In-depth understanding of best-in-class procurement practices (category management, benchmarking, should-cost models, RFX, reverse auction, contracting, etc.).
• Applied work experience with Domestic and Foreign suppliers.
• ASI or equivalent ERP/MRP experience preferred.
- Aqua Lung America, Inc. (AQA) is an equal opportunity employer.
- We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
- AQA participates in the United States Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify program.
- AQA promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment.
Please submit your cover letter and resume through Malakye, or via email to email@example.com