Who We Are?
Aqua Lung is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a common purpose: to inspire everyone to enjoy water exploration and be active in the water. We are innovators in the water space, with our unique spirit, and our goal of being more relevant to Swimmers, Snorkelers, Divers, and other water exploration enthusiasts than any other brand, day after day, dive after dive, and lap after lap. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the catalyst for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Quest for Exploration, Pioneer of Innovation, Technical Excellence, Inclusivity and Fun. If you're on our team, it means you're part of creating something extraordinary. You're part of Aqua Lung!
Who We Are Looking For?
An individual with an optimistic, people-first attitude and a relentless commitment to team. Experience working for an Outdoor Industry consumer products company or Active outdoor lifestyle brand preferred. Familiarity with Aqua Lung’s core consumers – Swimmers, Divers, Kayakers and water exploration enthusiasts a plus. Someone who has a personal interest in water-related recreational activities including swimming, snorkeling, diving, kayaking, and boating.
In support of the Director of Sales, Sporting Goods – North America, The Stohlquist Specialty Sales Manager’s primary responsibility is to manage the outside sales representatives within the defined paddling channel, evaluating and developing regional account plans for Representatives (Reps), including setting sales goals by category; establishing marketing, sales tools, and merchandising; providing training. This position also develops plans for product assortment, display allocations, and event management. The Stohlquist Specialty Sales Manager’s primary goal is to increase brand visibility and secure in-store real estate by having fixtures, POP, and merchandising aids placed throughout all independent retailers.
This position is required to travel up to 35% of the time.
• Oversee day to day activities of department function, including providing input for budgeting and strategic planning.
• Provide leadership and guidance for the team.
o Build a diverse, well-balanced team with the right talent/skills to increase overall effectiveness.
o Foster open communication, respect & recognition.
• Effectively supervise employees (including but not limited to hiring, coaching, disciplining and evaluating).
o Clarify expectations and hold employees accountable for achieving results.
o Provide on-going and timely feedback and coaching to lead employees on a path toward success.
o Complete goal setting and performance evaluations for employees on time.
• Develop monthly Rep. ride along schedule, evaluating and managing territory needs and issues.
• Actively manage sell in tactics, order management, replenishment, sales performance, product knowledge, service, merchandising, and training.
• In partnership with the Director of Sales, Sporting Goods: Seek out new account opportunities and improvement in current accounts. Develop and maintain Sales & Booking programs to include, products, pricing, marketing, availability, promotional activations.
• Establish, drive and build key independent account business partnerships in assigned channels by region.
• Review weekly, monthly and annual sales reports for the Sales agents & analyze data. Based on the interpretation of the data drive sales and recommend suggestions to the sales agent and/or the specialty store.
• Drive dialogue, discussion and implement action plans based on analysis of weekly Disco reports.
• Create and implement a yearly activation plan for the channels: Swim Specialty, Tri Specialty and Non- Specialty retailers.
• Develop a trade show P+L - Define the list of trade shows with the minimum requirements to meet the business objectives. Manage Trade shows including planning for staff, samples, merchandising and marketing collateral. Coordinate with internal teams to have the assets shipped.
• Manage onboarding of new sales Reps. including training, sample ordering and report/target setting.
• Hold weekly sales meetings to inform, energize and motivate sales Reps.
• Track New accounts being opened, ensure dealer levels are correct and Rep. codes are assigned to the correct territory.
• Work closely with the Rep./Store Owner to implement marketing assets at retail to communicate Aqua Lung’s brand positioning.
• Create weekly territory plans for the reps. and facilitate in trade visits.
• Manage & update pre-book tracker and weekly updates submitted to EXCO.
• Understand company’s goals and objectives.
• Stay up to date on industry standards, trends and developments.
• Make timely and ethical decisions both systematically and under pressure.
• Perform, with a team approach, other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Equivalent of at least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in Sales. Proven Sales management experience with metrics driven mindset.
• Must have at least 3 years of supervisory experience.
• Experience in a high pace, deadline driven environment.
• Strong commitment to customer service essential.
• Demonstrated experience in Sporting Goods sales preferred.
• Knowledge of customer service principles and best practices.
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Knowledge of ERP systems preferred.
• Aptitude for learning new technology
Aqua Lung is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. As a global company, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a widely diverse candidate pool.
If you are excited about this opportunity and joining the Aqua Lung team, please apply! No agency candidates, please.