Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
As Manager, Product Testing Operations you will be responsible for one of the most essential aspects of the qualification and approval of Under Armour Apparel and Accessories. In this role, you are responsible for the Apparel and Accessories testing department and its policies and procedures. As a leader of Wear Testing Operations you will need to ensure that the wear test team conducts fit, performance, functionality and durability testing by working with athletes for prototype feedback. You will also ensure clear and precise communication is provided back to internal teams to ensure product is Tested and Proven, including metrics related to KPI’s and calendar adherence. This role partners closely with Technical Design and Development Operations in Product Development Process.
WHAT DOES THIS OPPORTUNITY GIVE ME?
Chance to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
Ownership. Own your job and be accountable for your work.
Exposure. The ability to partner with business units across the organization.
Growth. Potential for career growth is a company initiative.
Pride. Work for a brand that delivers a consistent message every day.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Work closely with the Sr. Leadership in developing the department direction and objectives for Team and integration into product creation process
· Initiate, lead and manage wear testing department’s daily operations by providing direction and support to the team members while managing the department’s policies and procedures
· Responsible for the qualification of Apparel and Accessories, managing the wear testing process by working with athletes for feedback on actual product/prototype fit, functionality, performance, and durability.
· Build new relationship and cross-functional communication with and promote teamwork between the wear test department and it’s Developers, Designers, PLM, and other various Under Armour departments
· Ensure that wear test results are cross-functionally communicated in a clear and precise process thru organization and that real impact is made to the decision-making process for moving to Buy Ready
· Maintaining an active database of qualified testers and their feedback.
· Effectively and efficiently communicate externally with teams, schools, athlete contacts and wear testers in other intended product market segments.
· Work closely with Under Armour personnel involved with innovation, mechanical and lab testing to analyze overlap information and integrate testing process and goals
· Report out on metrics and KPI’s related to Wear Testing Process and calendar adherence
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree Required (May consider an additional 2 years of related experience in lieu of a degree).
4+ years of industry experience in product testing, along with development, marketing, engineering, retail, customer service or any combination including product testing.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Strong leadership skills. Ability to take initiative when required.
Proven ability to create, implement, follow and lead team regarding strategic plans to completion.
Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work with multiple personality types and levels.
Proven ability to organize and prioritize multiple complex projects/tasks with sensitive deadlines.
Strong analytical skills. Attention to detail and follow up. Ability to work well under pressure.
Proven knowledge and experience of various testing categories, product safety and compliance.
Experience recruiting and communicating with testers/public along with obtaining clear, precise prototype feedback.
Experience working with NCAA level athletes, coaches, and equipment managers preferred.
Proven proficiency with variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (Microsoft Office).
Ability to travel up to 40% of the year.
Ability & willingness to work occasional evening and weekend hours.
WHAT ELSE DO I GET?
Comprehensive benefits program.
Amazing company culture and team environment.
Guard rails to work between, not a box.
Ownership in the brand with our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Manager, Product Testing Operations
|Required Experience:||0 year(s)|
|Salary Range:||Not available|
Posted 4 days ago