Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Under Armour Retail is looking for a talented professional to join their Merchandise Planning team. The Retail Merchandise Planner role is a rare opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing brand and division. Passion, desire and integrity are traits we look for in our teammates. You will play a key role in the pre-season financial and inventory planning process as well as in-season inventory optimization in a specific product category for our UA retail stores and can make an instant impact to the business. This individual will work closely with the Allocation, Merchandising/Buying, Visual and Store Operations teams as well as other teams throughout UA.
• Develop preseason sales, margin and inventory turn plans that support Under Armour Retail major growth strategies at the department and key item level
• Develop seasonal plans by analyzing historical data and current trends while identifying risks and opportunities. Reconcile plans from a top down and bottom up perspective
• Forecast sales, margin and inventory turn by month, at a brand level and communicate business performance during weekly sales and monthly open to buy meetings
• Provide monthly season style-color forecasts in alignment with Integrated Planning Calendar
• Analyze and react to financial, market, customer trends and formulate appropriate strategies in partnership with the cross-functional team
• Create brand and category level quarterly hindsight reports to drive strategic assortment decisions for future quarters and in-season management
• Plan and project receipt flow for key items to support sales forecasts
• Publish weekly business reporting and provide expert analysis on trends and recommendation
• Provide analysis around promotional events and iconic product, as-needed
• Support an environment that fosters respect for the ideas of others as well as ongoing collaboration to execute business strategy
• Establish, nurture, and utilize internal and external partners to drive the business
• Facilitate ongoing communication with merchandising teams
• Partner with merchandising teams to develop markdown recommendations
• Lead special projects and business opportunities on behalf of the Planning team
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree or related work experience
• Minimum 2-3 years retail merchandise planning/ store planning experience in a progressive & growth focused retail organization
• Excel skills imperative. Experience in systems and programs relative to planning processes.
• Excellent partnership skills
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze complex quantitative data
• Strong presentation skills
• Ability to be a part of a team, set challenging standards, develop strong partnerships, and lead others to action
Under Armour is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to the following legally protected characteristics: race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military/veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with Under Armour depends solely on your qualifications.