Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
It started with a simple plan to make a superior T-shirt. A shirt that provided compression and wicked perspiration off your skin rather than absorb it. A shirt that worked with your body to regulate temperature and enhance performance. Founded in 1996 by former University of Maryland football player Kevin Plank, Under Armour is the originator of performance apparel - gear engineered to keep athletes cool, dry, and light throughout the course of a game, practice, or workout.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We’re about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand. That demand has created an environment of growth. Today, with millions of unique registered users across UA’s Connected Fitness community, the brand is resonating with more athletes than ever before, and we’re investing to change the way athletes live.
UA is an environment where building a great team is vital, and where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace. Our teammates and the world’s hungriest athletes alike, live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will.
The Sr. Merchant, Category – Run will collaborate with the Global Merchandising Sr. Director to develop and lead the implementation of the Merchandising vision, strategy & tactics for the Run category resulting in sustainable, profitable growth and Brand health. Additionally, he/she will fully own the oversight of the footwear and apparel to deliver results in support of the aligned Category Merchandising vision. Core responsibilities will include long range and seasonal management of the: line architecture and product lifecyle; Global marketplace channel segmentation & assortment strategies; and go-to-market operational effectiveness of the focus business segments. This leader will work functionally and cross-functionally throughout UA to build a collaborative and supportive operating environment and be a consensus-builder who drives results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and optimize product assortments within the global range that will maximize potential for revenue and profit across regions and accounts.
- Actively contribute to overall Run category product strategy & own strategy for footwear and apparel - Line Architecture, Lifecycle Planning, Channel Segmentation, Franchise Management
- Lead, develop & implement global seasonal merchandising strategy for footwear and apparel - marketplace roadmap contributions, color architecture, flow, hero product strategies, launch plan, channel assortments including nucleus & modular assortments, visual merchandising plans, global hero looks
- Actively engage in Run category merchant data, consumer, marketplace, competitor and trend insights & analytics - leverage all available information (including market travel) to inform long-term & seasonal product strategies to achieve financial targets including all of the afore-mentioned and: product mix & depth, pricing strategies and seasonal allocations.
- Manage & deliver Run category merchandising GTM excellence - collaborate & effectively communicate with category, cross-category, cross-functional and regional teammates; instill regional teammates with confidence & enthusiasm for seasonal merchandising strategies; timely achievement of all GTM milestones including quality tools/deliverables
- Ensure Run category merchandising operational efficiency
- Analyze historical sales performances and use as influence in making merchandising strategies for future assortments.
- Partner with the Product team in assorting the category, focusing on strategic targets, local market characteristics, budgets and SKU counts
- Strong awareness of the impact and implications of decisions
- Operate in Merchandising and Product Line Management systems (Armoury, Trasix, etc).
- Build and manage relationships key partners (marketing, COE, product) and other cross-functional teams to gain buy-i