Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
The Team, Basketball, Foot Locker North America Category Marketing Manager is responsible for category marketing strategy and oversight of execution for all marketing related activity within the categories and Foot Locker/Champs account (categories are sport specific, broken out by gender as appropriate). The teammate in this role will craft go-to-market strategies, positioning and activation plans for specific category business units within the North America region at Under Armour, along with any corresponding activation strategies for the Foot Locker/Champs business, mainly basketball focused. It is essential that the Sr Category Marketing Manager focus on driving Brand consideration and affinity and retail sales by delivering consumer-focused marketing activations. The Sr Category Marketing Manager will work to coordinate the building of unified marketing materials across all touch-points needed for North America launches, working back with the Global category team to drive continuity of message. This leader will ensure Under Armour products are powerfully placed in the North America market, across revenue channels, to connect with customers and drive sales.
What will you do?
- Plans and executes category campaigns that connect to Global category strategy and drive North America sales goals across revenue channels (DTC, wholesale accounts) and marketing channels (CE, in-store, etc.)
- Build account specific go to market strategies for the Foot Locker/Champs businesses, and activation plans where natural extensions from the category strategy exist
- Works with regional cross functional partners (revenue channel marketers, merchandising, visual, etc.) to prioritize storytelling for the category within North America, with a focus on Brand building and foundational commercial stories
- Serves as single point of contact for Global category teams
- Authors briefs (master, creative) to initiate and develop category-level support elements for the North America region, building on Global category briefs where relevant
- Partners with North America marketing channel teams to consult on seasonal tactical briefs and acts as a stakeholder throughout seasonal execution
- Drives and delivers go-to-market timelines for relevant North American category campaigns
- Provides input on sports marketing briefs and activation for brand assets in North America
- Coordinates with the Global category to ensure North America campaigns are regionally relevant, integrating Global positioning into planning
- Ensures briefs and feedback provided to Global by North America aids in the development of campaign elements that can be successfully leveraged by the region
- Builds budget recommendations for North America category activation and acts as stakeholder in execution with marketing channel teams
- Partners with and supports North America Marketing Leadership
- Builds close partnerships with all cross functional teams related to the category, in region and globally, and ensures relevant insights are cascaded to key stakeholders
- Collaborates with Consumer Insights team on collection of competitive analysis, industry studies and sales analysis relevant to the North American market/consumer
- Assists North America Marketing Ops to measure effectiveness of marketing tactics
- Other duties may be assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Consumer Orientation - Able to think consumer-first and drive relevant strategies that drive preference and loyalty for UA