Adidas Brand Marketing Manager
- Nixon, Inc.
- United States
- Encinitas, CA
- 5 year(s)
- Not Available
Nixon is in search of an ADIDAS BRAND MARKETING MANAGER to join the team in Encinitas, CA.
COMPANY OVERVIEW //
Nixon is California’s iconic watch brand, born from action sports culture and always pushing the never been done. As a company we are creative, we are ambitious, we take risks. Above all we want to build great product with the world’s youth as our audience. We collaborate with the best in the business: brands, athletes, retailers, causes. People who share our mindset and our belief that we can make an impact, one detail at a time.
We’re starting a new chapter at Nixon to embark on our biggest partnership ever as the exclusive, global licensee for adidas watches, set to launch in 2018. We’re creating a comprehensive range of timepieces in close collaboration with the adidas design teams for Originals and Sport, channeling Nixon’s category-disrupting expertise with authentic adidas brand DNA. Together we will establish a new paradigm in sportswear timing for the creator.
POSITION SUMMARY //
The adidas Brand Marketing Manager is responsible for the development, implementation and execution of the global marketing plan for adidas watches. S/he must operate with an eager, entrepreneurial mindset to influence and motivate a growing team around the globe, while cultivating strong connections within the Nixon organization and adidas corporate team to leverage resources that amplify our efforts.
An innovative approach to demand creation is required with specific emphasis on driving consumer engagement via digital/mobile/social platforms. The adidas Brand Marketing Manager will collaborate closely with the Product and Sales teams to define, develop and deliver the global Go-To-Market plan, while gathering regional input to ensure all geographies and channels are fully supported.
S/he will also work intimately with the Digital Marketing/E-comm team to coordinate brand communications according to adidas corporate guidelines and will play an integral role in developing our brand communication strategy as we orient our demand creation efforts around a digital-first strategy.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & PRIORITIES //
• Steward of the adidas brand promise, vision and architecture, realized through the optimum balance of sustainable business growth while maintaining adidas brand standards
• Develop, manage, coordinate and execute marketing plans, projects and activations to meet company objectives.
• Lead a team of Regional Marketing functions (dedicated and shared) to develop, implement and measure regionally-relevant executions while maintaining effective global alignment for maximum impact and efficiency.
• Create, maintain and evolve a departmental calendar that matches business objectives with the activities and output of the department.
• Collaborate with adidas Licensing contacts to ensure adherence with corporate brand standards and guidelines; manage approval process during development of all communication and creative assets.
• Coordinate with cross-functional leaders throughout the Nixon organization to maintain consistent timelines aligned to brand goals and business objectives.
• Synchronize with Nixon Marketing team to gain efficiency and share best practices, while avoiding overlap or crossed signals in our demand creation efforts.
• Develop benchmark criteria to measure the efficacy of marketing programs.
• Own the North American marketing program: Achieve and elevate targeted results and ensure timely and effective execution of marketing tactics and programs nationally.
• Develop and proactively manage the annual marketing budget; inclusive of staffing, production, media, external resources and other expenditures to comply with organizational financial objectives.
• Provide clear department direction, giving timely and helpful guidance to improve creative output and foster team-oriented attitude while producing work efficiently and on plan.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES //
• Travel in market domestically and globally as required (20%)
• Identify, negotiate and secure agency support as required
• Evaluate ROI of marketing programs and initiatives, using quantitative data to measure success/failure and guide future strategies
• Orchestrate development and distribution of progressive and impactful Go-To-Market launch strategies
• Conduct market analysis to identify challenges and opportunities for growth
• Manage employees within the department, responsible for hiring and performance management
IDEAL CANDIDATE //
• At least five years of Brand Management or senior Marketing experience; demonstrated leadership capabilities over direct reports and/or cross-functional teams
• Works independently when necessary, naturally collaborates to deliver results.
• Ability to apply innovative thought and learnings in an actionable, pragmatic manner.
• Strong communication and influence skills; diplomatic but direct when necessary.
• Ability to build strong relationships with internal cross-functional teams and external groups.
• Experience in the world of sportswear and youth culture is critical. Relationships within the markets, consumers and retailers a HUGE plus. Sneakers or apparel experience very desirable. Prior watch experience not necessary.
PERSONAL SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS //
The adidas Brand Marketing Manager must bring intellectual, professional and personal values that complement the existing team.
The following personal characteristics are vital:
• Self-starter, super high energy, passionate and driven to excel.
• Results-driven, determined, and flexible, with a strong and disciplined work ethic.
• Progressive thinker who possesses exceptional interpersonal skills to gain the confidence and respect of the teams.
• Deadline oriented with disciplined execution and follow through skills.
• Ability to develop strong partnerships and work in a highly collaborative environment.
• Creates strong morale, good spirit in his/her team and brings fun to the workplace; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
• Hands-on. Must have the ability to roll-up sleeves and get into the details.
EDUCATION // Undergraduate degree in related field
TO APPLY //
Are you ready to be a part of this? Come join the Nixon Team! Please submit your brief cover letter and resume through Malakye.
Due to the volume of resumes, we cannot respond to everyone personally, but we do thank you for your interest and for reaching out to Nixon. Please, no phone calls, thank you!