Men’s Fashion Accessory Designer
- United States
- Los Angeles
- 3 year(s)
- Not Available
GMPC a Fashion Accessories Company that designs and manufactures accessories for top active, outdoor, skate and street brands as well as large national retailers. With offices in NY, LA, SF and Shanghai and over 40 years of corporate history, GMPC is looking to add to our team with an ambitious designer to help fuel a new generation of growth.
We are looking for a creative, passionate and experienced designer for men’s headwear, cold weather and bags. The ideal candidate will be able to properly weigh account and sales input with current category trends and shepherd designs from concept to accurate tech pack, working closely with our development team. Graphic design experience is very advantageous. 3+ years of experience designing these specific accessory categories to market is REQUIRED (with portfolio).
Experience working with licenses / brands is a major plus.
The ability to identify trends and translate them for our diverse customer base is essential.
Candidate MUST have outstanding Illustrator and Photoshop skills.
Experience communicating with overseas factories and exposure to merchandise planning are pluses.
Technical knowledge of our product categories and the ability to create detailed tech packs is an integral part of the job.
If you are looking for a creative, friendly and fun environment to showcase your talents this could be the place for you.
- Market and trend research
- Actively participate in the conceptual development of product lines; work directly with sales and customers
- Creating and manipulate colors, prints and graphics within Photoshop and Illustrator
- Graphic presentations for brands.
- CAD & Planogram presentations
- Ensure design packages are complete and accurate
- Execute corrections as needed; works with merchandising and production to find appropriate solutions to cost and/ or construction issues
- Create highly detailed drawings and sketches for technical purposes
- Work with merchandising and sales teams to assist in determining sales needs and opportunities
- Works well in a fast paced, team environment
- Superb Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop skills
- Bachelors Degree in Design or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3+ years industry experience (Knit/ Woven/ Print)
- Spec & Tech Pack Development
- Strong sense of color & print
- Technical knowledge of knit, woven, cut & sew accessory construction.
- Technical knowledge of bag design and construction.
- Experience in product photography and/ or web design a plus
To find out more about us please visit:
Salary commensurate with experience and skill set.
Please submit portfolio with resume.