- United States
- Alameda, CA (San Francisco Bay Area)
- 5 year(s)
- Not Available
The Lifestyle Merchandiser is responsible for overseeing planning and product creation from concept through commercialization, focused on driving growth in Destination and Lifestyle channels at the top of the consumer pyramid. Armed with a strong strategic point of view—and authentic roots and experience—the Lifestyle Merchandiser is charged with ownership of assigned marketplace, execution of business plans, sales and margin accountability, calendar adherence and cross functional leadership. With expert level thinking and insight, the Lifestyle Merchandiser will own relevant information on consumer and global competitive landscape: trends, product, price point, and sales opportunities, business strategy plans and analysis. This role is the consumer, market and storytelling expert on the team.
- Manages assigned channels and leads in product concept, design and development process. Owns business and assists in enhancing segment growth.
- Writes executable seasonal product briefs targeting opportunity and competitive set.
- Understands product creation and manufacturing process and capabilities. Build briefs with material and feature set commensurate to required target MSRP’s.
- Presents seasonal product information to key internal and external groups, sales and buyers in a comprehensive, clear and tactical manner. Prepared with research, data points and feedback to improve lines.
- Understands sales, margin, turns and merchandising requirements of buyers and key accounts and can digest and analyze data from sell-through reports.
- Actively participates in product development cycle including identifying potential issues, solutions for process challenges and to execute sample/prototype production.
- Builds and maintains intradepartmental relationships with all functional areas. Builds relationships with key account buyers.
- Convenes key account meetings, trade shows, market visits for presentation, relationship building and trend/market research.
- Manages, distributes and maintains all information of assigned product category encompassing hang tags, workbooks, line lists and CAD books.
- Examines, reports and tracks success and failure of the company's products on the marketplace and determines reasons for outcome.
- Drives collaboration process for the brand by leading cross-functional internal team. Serve as primary point of contact with external partners.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- 5+ years of related professional experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in apparel, operations, business or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrable successes in managing an apparel, footwear or equipment lines.
- Must understand retail and merchant needs.
- Must have an understanding of retail math combined with strong analytical skills.
- Experience in merchandising/buying a plus.
- High taste level and affinity for contemporary streetwear, fashion, art & music.
- Detail oriented but able to present the big picture and communicate strategy.
- Works effectively within a team. Influential in building positive partnerships with cross functional teams and external partners.
- Strong leadership, change management and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Able to handle multiple priorities in efficient manner.
- Knowledge of PowerPoint and strong Excel skills.
- Travel required: 30%
To apply, please click on the "External Application" link, and be sure to let us know you found this job on Malakye!