LIVE THE DREAM. Work here. Play here.
The mountains are calling.
NOTE: This position is located in Mammoth Lakes, California.
Did you know that as part of your employment at Mammoth you receive a free season pass, including free access to all other Alterra resorts? Grin inducing, isn’t it? More about the benefits and perks of your adventure here:
• Ski passes for dependents (spouse/child(ren)) includes free skiing at other Alterra Resorts
• Discounts on ski/snowboarding lessons
• Friends and Family vouchers
• Retail & Food discount
• Equipment Rental discount
• 401k with company match
A little about this position:
• Hardgoods Specialist primary duties consist of assisting guests with the selection and purchase of snow and bike gear from the start of the demo process through to the purchase and getting the guest on the hill. This position is critical to building an expertise culture and to be the go to source for Ski and Snowboard gear.
• Additionally, this position will specialize in although not be limited to ownership of ski and snowboard categories within the store. A Hardgoods Specialist will hold specific knowledge and experience in Ski and Snowboard hardgoods sales. The ideal applicant holds an existing knowledge of, or strong willingness to learn, the hardgoods category, as well as a desire for continued growth, training, and education. Skiing and/or snowboarding experience a must. Must have or complete all certifications.
• Exceed Guest Service and Precision Performance Standards.
• Hardgoods Sales experience required.
• Boot fitting experience required.
• Outdoor enthusiast.
• Strong selling and guest service skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, multi-tasking and working with multiple guests at one time.
• Willing to take initiative.
• Capacity to grasp new concepts quickly.
• Complete all certifications required for the position.
• Ability to customize and mount snowboard bindings.
• Safety conscious.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.