Carve Designs is a rapidly growing women’s beach lifestyle apparel brand based in Sausalito, California. We are seeking a business professional who will report directly to the Director of Merchandising and work in the Sausalito headquarters.
Carve Designs is a fast-paced dynamic environment. We are looking for candidates who are problem-solvers. You should be a good team player and process-oriented. Successful contributors to our team take accountability for their work, but are not afraid to ask questions.
You will serve as an Assistant in Technical Design and act as Product Coordinator, working across multiple departments to aid in streamlining the fit process as well as helping maintain communication with vendors as well as members of the Carve team.
Items to manage include all but not limited to the below –
• COSTING: helping keep the line plan updated with costing as received.
• DAILIES: communicate in daily overseas email regarding the status of fit samples, tracking and all else relating to samples and fit.
• FIT STATUS: maintaining Master Fit Tracking Log with fit status, tracking for inbound samples and proposed fit dates and ensuring on time delivery of samples.
• FITTINGS: attend fittings and take notes with comments on styles fit to relay to tech designer.
• SCHEDULING weekly fits with model agency, fit techs, merch, design and production.
• TECH PACKS: update production status when needed.
• SAMPLES: order and track samples for SMU and PHOTO. Distribute to appropriate customers or in house photo team.
• TOP samples: measure and confirm TOP samples are approved to EXIT. Update tech pack and move to appropriate folder and advise the factory of approvals.
• CALENDAR: staying on top of calendar for due dates pertaining to fit, etc.
• SAMPLE PREP: Prepare garments for fitting (measure, review comments) aiding technical designer.
• FABRIC/TRIM: Do fabric/yarn and trim research and maintain library.
• PACKAGES: open and distribute all incoming packages to appropriate teams. Advise each team when something arrives.
• SAMPLE LIBRARY: Organize PP sample library and fit sample racks. Coordinating all samples in the office.
• QA: measure garments as needed if bulk issues arise.
• Previous experience in the fashion industry a plus. Tech/Design/Production work a bonus.
• Advanced MS Office skills – including Excel. Proficiency in Illustrator is a plus.
• Passion for working for a company that embodies honesty, hard-work and fun.