Carve Designs is a rapidly growing women’s beach lifestyle apparel brand based in Sausalito, California. We are seeking a business professional who will report directly to the Director of Merchandising and work in the Sausalito headquarters with the flexibility to also work remotely.
Carve Designs is a fast-paced dynamic environment. We are looking for candidates who are problem-solvers. You should be a good team player and process-oriented. Successful contributors to our team take accountability for their work, but are not afraid to ask questions.
You will serve as the Fabric Developer for both lifestyle apparel and swim, managing the fabric design and development process according to Design team’s requests, assist in product development as well as our sustainability road mapping and help with any quality control issues.
Items to manage include all but not limited to the below –
• R&D: Research and develop new fabric/product concepts and technologies and propose ideas according to trend and business needs. Drive testing and problem solve key findings.
• DESIGN BRIEF: Work with Design and Merchandising to deliver the design brief with recommendations for future opportunities and solutions to current fabric needs
• FABRIC DEVELOPMENT: Develop new textile ideas while maintaining and revitalizing existing fore fabrics while creating an innovation pipeline for future development
• VENDOR COMMUNICATION: Supervise & manage fabric development and ensure you are developing into assortment costing parameters, building strong supplier relations. Communicate with vendors daily, on costing and development needs from both a fabric and product development role.
• PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT: Work closely with design to ensure product execution surrounding all aspects of the garment; follow up with vendors regarding lab dip requests, strike offs and tracking to ensure the production calendar deliverables are met
• TRIM SOURCING: Work with vendors for development and follow up
• SUSTAINABILITY: Supply chain, certification of sustainability, testing and future technologies
• Q&A/QC: Quality assurance and/or quality control
• 5+ years’ experience as a fabric developer. Product development experience a plus
• Experienced with printing, finishing and washing techniques – across multiple fabric categories’ (knits, woven, denim, synthetic & natural)
• Knowledge and experience with sustainable fabrics required
• Advanced MS Office skills – including Excel, Adobe Illustrator skills – nice to have
• Strong creative eye
• Organized w/ strong communication skills and attention to detail
• Team Player as well as self-starter
• Flexible & passionate
Please submit resume through Malakye.