The Demand Planner will be responsible for updating and managing the monthly forecast plan submitted by North America sales or MCACSA country managers. In addition to analyzing historical shipment patterns, point of sale data, promotional plans, as well as other market trends to develop the most accurate forecast plan as possible. The Demand Planner is responsible for delivering demand planning and analytics capabilities needed to support the MCACSA business and US operations team. This key position will work closely with the Demand Planning Manager to ensure that the demand plan is understood and executed with accuracy. This position requires a proactive attitude and effective analytical, communication, and negotiation skills to propose solutions and achieve results across the supply-planning team.
Essential Job Functions:
• Gather, analyze and validate all data that will be used in updating international /US forecast, which areas of focus will be assigned by Demand Planning Manager.
• Sense-check sales forecast and highlight any unexpected trends or forecast to US Sales team or country managers.
• Follow up with all participants to ensure that actions agreed in the forecast reviews are completed in a timely manner.
• Develop routine and ad-hoc demand related reports for management
• Identify and lead the implementation of opportunities to improve forecast accuracy within the planning software system.
• Communicate & assist administrator & DPM with material master data issues to make sure data is in sync with system planning software (APO).
• Other duties as assigned by Demand Planning Manager or Director of Supply Planning
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in a demand planning/forecasting role is preferred
• Manufacturing / supply chain with 2 to 5 years of experience is preferred.
• Systems Applications and products software (SAP) with 2 to 5 years of experience
• Advance Planner and Optimizer software (APO) with 2 to 5 years of experience
• Strong analytical abilities and attention to detail
• Excellent written and communication skills.
• Strong presentation skills
• Positive attitude, self-motivated, and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent multi-tasking, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Microsoft – excel, word, powerpoint & outlook