Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the Sr. Director of Marketing oversees the Monster Energy Brand Team (7 staff). This position directs and coaches the Brand Team on developing, executing and adapting the brand marketing plan to the ever-changing marketplace. The Director of Marketing is responsible for overseeing the Trade Mark Monster Energy product portfolio, building brand awareness, shaping consumer preference, monitoring sales performance, and managing the tools available for Sales to leverage at retail.
Essential Job Functions:
• Develop a comprehensive and aligned brand marketing plan working with the VP of Marketing, Sr. VP of Marketing and other executive management. Lead the following brand departments; Trade Mark Monster Brand Management, Multicultural Marketing, NASCAR Retail Marketing, Entertainment Marketing and the Mutant Super Soda Brand.
• Implement brand marketing plan collaboratively working with Brand Managers.
• Lead, coach and challenge the brand to continually improve marketing support and provide accountability for meeting deadlines of tangible deliverables while ensuring quality standards are met.
• Oversee the Trade Mark Monster Energy product portfolio working with executive management, Brand Managers, New Product Development, Category Management, Marketing Services, and outside agencies on the creation of new products, strategic product updates, and their associated brand plans, selling materials, P-O-S, and digital initiatives.
• Host regular meetings with the Brand Team to facilitating communication & instill accountability for program execution.
• Sales Presentations- work with Brand Managers, Category Management, Marketing Services and the Sales force to develop and present compelling selling stories.
• Point-of-Sale management- work with Brand Managers, Marketing Services, Sales, and outside vendors on the development of Point-of-Sale materials to support new product launches, product refreshes, new campaigns and the on-going P-O-S offering.
• Public Speaking- Champion the Monster Energy Brand with compelling presentations at the National Sales Meeting, regional sales meetings and as needed throughout the year.
• Promotion & Incentive Management- Work with Brand Managers, Marketing Services and Sales on the creation, execution & fulfillment of sales incentives and consumer promotions.
• Sampling & Event Management- Work with Brand Managers, the Events team, and sampling teams to develop sampling initiatives and event sponsorships designed to encourage trial and enhance brand identity.
• Trade Advertising, Editorial & PR- work with internal & external agencies to develop strategy for press coverage of brand assets, new products and promotions.
• Digital Marketing Support- Ensure the Brand Team’s initiatives are woven into Digital Marketing’s execution through Monster’s websites, social media properties, videos and ads.
• Athlete/Celebrity Management- Work with the Sports Marketing and Music Marketing departments as needed for marketing efforts such as photo shoots, campaign creation, event appearances, etc.
• Minimum four years’ relevant work experience in marketing with a beverage, CPG or lifestyle marketing brand. Brand Marketing experience required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field, MBA preferred.
• Must have been with the same firm for a minimum of 2-years with a demonstrated successful Brand Management track record.
• Experience effectively coaching and managing a team of people.
• Must have a strong sense of urgency.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Must be a collaborative team player.
• Must be decisive and enforce brand standards.
• Must have new product launch experience.
• Ability to travel 10% of the time.
• Experience with lifestyle marketing, social media, sponsorships, and event marketing.
• Working knowledge in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word), Microsoft Outlook, the Internet and social media sites.