The Customer Marketing Manager – Small Store (CMM) purpose is to provide best-in-class marketing support to assigned Monster Energy’s convenience retailers and serve as the marketing resource to the convenience retail sales team with a high-level understanding of unique customer and shopper needs to advance activation that fosters stronger customer relationships and results.
Working closely with sales, cross-functional marketing teams, and the category management/shopper insights
Departments, the CMM will develop insight-driven, tailored campaigns and annual marketing plans that meet internal and external objectives while aligning with the brand strategy in the Monster Energy portfolio.
The ideal candidate will have both a marketing and sales mindset.
Essential job functions:
Channel/Retailer Marketing Strategy
• Serves as the marketing expert across assigned account base, with the ability to leverage retailer and brand strategies to develop, create, sell-in and execute thoughtful marketing programs that align with the Monster Energy brand and drive growth.
• Uses category, shopper, and retailer specific insights to identify opportunities and industry trends to generate retailer specific strategic annual marketing plans and budgets.
• Provides strong thought leadership to shopper behavior-based decision making, adding value to current customer/shopper marketing processes.
• Align with sales, category, and revenue growth management to forecast promotional performance and analyze results with respect to KPIs and ROI.
• Ensure programs and contracted assets are leveraged to their fullest potential. Programs include but are not limited to; new product launches, exclusive items, product re-launches, price promotions, custom consumer promotions, pass-through sponsorships, and retailer-specific tradeshows.
• Translates national brand strategies, marketing plans and insights into actionable customer marketing plans & sales strategies for the small store channel.
• Create communication and execution paths that are set to win across digital and in-store environments.
• Work with graphics to develop impactful visuals to support programming needs and secure timely printing and shipping with internal POS procurement prior to in-market launch.
• Participate in regular Customer Marketing and sales team conference calls and meetings.
• Prepare and present planned activity, concepts, and business updates as well as share results from program execution.
• Excellent communication skills required to carry out program education, calls to action and keeping all key stakeholders updated on programming KPIs.
• Maintains strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to influence decision making.
• Other duties as assigned.
• The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of combined experience in the areas of Customer/Shopper Marketing, Key Account Sales, Field Marketing and Brand Management in the beverage/packaged goods industry.
• Must have been with the same firm for a minimum of 2 years with demonstrated success.
• Ability to lead the development of breakthrough creative solutions with general media, digital and promotion agency partners.
• Previous Convenience Channel/Customer experience/relationships a plus.
• Effective communication skills: written and oral
• Must have a strong sense of urgency.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Strong ability to build solid relationships both internally and externally
• Must be decisive and enforce brand standards.
• Ability to travel 25-50% of the time.
• Candidate should possess a bachelor’s degree in business or marketing.
• Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams)
• Working knowledge of Digital Marketing & Social Media
• Commitment to company values.