The Production Planner will be responsible for providing third party co-packing facilities with finished good requirements based on sales forecast and inventory level requirements. In addition, the Production Planner with also be responsible for effectively interacting and communicating with a multitude of internal and external customers. This position requires an individual who the ability to multi-task, be organized and work in a fast paced environment. It is expected that this individual will make a quick impact to the day to day demands and changes of the Planning Department.
Essential Job Functions:
• Providing timely delivery of weekly, bi-weekly and/or monthly production plans while adhering to planning best practice methodology
• Providing proactive communication with key co-packer personnel to ensure adherence to schedule and processes
• Collaborating with co-packer personnel to develop plan of action for shortages, scheduled and unscheduled downtime, etc. to ensure high customer service
• Responsible for providing product availability information to customer service for weekly meeting
• Understanding the products and regions serviced by co-packers planned
• Identifies discrepancies in forecasting or sourcing for facilities planned and advises the Demand Planner
• Solve discrepancies (inventory, changes to schedule, etc) by closely working with all areas of Operations.
• Effectively manage day-to-day tasks such as reviewing alerts for shortages, troubleshooting issues that arise with co-packers and maintaining constant communication with team members.
• 2+ years of experience in production planning
• 4 year degree required
• APICS, CSCP or CPIM Certification strongly preferred
• ERP software experience required (APO/SNP preferred)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient in Excel.
• Must be able to work well in a group setting, as well as independently.
• Must be able to understand/identify issues, create solutions and successfully implement those solutions.
• Superior attention to detail.
• Positive attitude, self-motivated, and able to work in a fast paced environment.
• Excellent multi-tasking, problem solving and organizational skills.
• SAP experience preferred.