Reporting to the Sr. Director of Customer Marketing, the Director of Customer Marketing (DCM) Large Store + Emerging Channels (consisting of Mass/Club/Grocery/Drug/Value/Military/FSOP/EComm & Natural Channels) will work closely with the LS + EC Sales Leadership, cross-functional marketing teams, and the Category Management/shopper insights team to help the Customer Marketing Managers develop and execute insight-driven, channel/retailer specific marketing solutions rooted in shopper behavior. This role will serve as an expert marketing resource for the Large Store + Emerging Channels channel and will have Retailer-facing marketing responsibilities. The ideal candidate will have both a marketing and sales mindset.
The DCM role will have responsibility for accomplishing/reporting channel-wide goals relating to Customer/Shopper Marketing team leadership and planning including the generation of channel specific annual marketing plans, budgets and pre/post promotional analysis. The DCM will provide leadership and guidance to the LS + EC Customer Marketing Managers in all aspects of marketing, planning and execution to drive attainment of department and channel goals.
Essential Job Functions:
• Channel/Retailer Marketing Strategy
o Serves as the Channel Marketing expert across multiple retailer accounts with the ability to leverage channel/retailer and brand strategies to gain alignment on programming
o Provide strong thought leadership that will enhance the current customer/shopper marketing process specifically as it relates to the Large Store + Emerging Channels Channel
o Using Category, Shopper and Retailer specific data will identify marketing trends and opportunities within the LS + EC channels
o Identify and leverage customer-specific, and channel marketing opportunities through prioritizing and capitalizing on channel, customer, and shopper insights and linking to brand strategy.
o Develop and execute Channel Specific strategies based on department, sales and company goals.
o Expertly represent and translate Brand, Retailer, and Sales goals during internal and external meetings
o Works extensively with LS + EC Sales Leadership to ensure Channel-specific sales goals are met and channel/account-specific marketing expenses are in-line with forecasts.
o Leverage promotional synergies across customers within channels where appropriate
o Manage and provide full-channel marketing calendars and budgets monthly
o Coordinate with RGM/Cat Man to complete post-promotional evaluations of top initiatives to gauge success of plans with respect to KPIs and ROI
o Translates national brand strategies, marketing plans and insights into customer marketing plans & sales strategies for the large store channel.
o Ensure maximum utilization of contracted assets
o Leads, develops and coaches a team of 5+ Customer Marketing Managers in all aspects of marketing, planning, pre/post promotions analysis.
o Maintains strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to influence decision making.
o Helps define and grow the role of Customer/Shopper Marketing within the organization.
o Guides Customer Marketing Managers in the development and execution of annual Customer/Shopper marketing plans
o When applicable run point on the creation of account-exclusive promotions and their affiliated marketing plans working with Sales, New Product Development, Graphics, Brand Marketing, and other relevant parties.
o Monitor implementation of customer plans with CMMs
o Keeps all key stakeholders updated on KPIs for Customer Marketing in the LS + EC channel.
o Other duties as assigned
• The ideal candidate will have 8+ years of combined experience in the areas of Customer/Shopper Marketing, Key Account Sales, Field Marketing and Brand Management in the beverage/packaged goods industry.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing preferred, MBA a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to lead people and manage results with others. Direct team leadership/management desired.
• Knowledge of Brand Marketing, Shopper Marketing, Digital Marketing
• Previous Large Store + Emerging Channels Channel/Customer experience strongly desired.
• Strong ability to build solid relationships both internally and externally
• Must be decisive and able enforce brand standards internally and externally.
• Must have a strong skill set in the use of Microsoft Office with proven advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint. Experience with syndication data a plus.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
• Ability to work independently and be a self-starter within a team setting.
• Ability to handle a variety of tasks and situations in a calm and effective manner.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Problem analysis and problem resolution at a functional level.
• Commitment to company values.
• Ability to travel 25-40% of the time.