The Human Resources Administrator is responsible for a broad range of HR functions including employee relations, performance management, and HR projects and initiatives. The position will ensure compliance with all applicable laws and Company policies and procedures, resolve employee relations issues and prepare various HR reports and metrics that support business objectives. The position will collaborate with HR team members to develop and execute retention, training and career development strategies that enable the Company to hire and retain high performing employees.
Essential Job Functions:
• Assist with employee relations issues, conducting and documenting investigations, prepare internal assessments and partnering with HRPBs and management as needed to determine the appropriate corrective actions.
• Partner with management and employees to provide advice and counseling on performance
management issues, conflict management, interpretation of employment policies, and employee counseling.
• Conduct HR training such as new hire orientation, and manage training vendors as needed.
• Ensure compliance with federal, state and local employment laws, as well as company policies and procedures.
• Assess employee separations, conduct exit interviews, analyze data and make recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
• Create and maintain a company-wide job description database, as well as maintain job requisition templates on the HRIS system.
• Review and prepare unemployment claim responses and attend unemployment hearings when appropriate.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 2+ years of full cycle recruiting and employee relations.
• Extensive knowledge of federal and California state laws regarding employment practices and hiring best practices.
• Must be organized, able to multitask and manage competing priorities while maintaining a professional
and courteous demeanor with all levels of the organization.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• A forward thinking, perceptive individual, capable of influencing others and effectively interacting with individuals at all levels of the Company. Excellent customer service skills and team oriented.
• Attention to detail, accuracy, ability to prioritize/multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• An enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
• Strong internal customer focus, along with a desire to learn all aspects of the business.
• Flexibility, adaptability and ability to shift priorities based on the organizations’ needs.
• Self-motivated and able to exercise independent judgment and make sound decisions, take ownership/accountability and operate with minimal supervision.
• Integrity, professionalism, discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality essential. • Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio, etc.) and HR systems (UltiPro, ADP, Ceridian, etc.)
• Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification a plus.
• Ability to travel as needed.