Reporting to the Sr VP Marketing Operations, the Senior Director of Customer Marketing leads the US based Customer Marketing team [15+] and drives the shopper marketing strategy for Convenience Retail, Large Store + Emerging Channels. This role is the primary liaison between Marketing, Sales Leadership, and cross-functional teams. The role of the Sr. Director Customer Marketing team is to help the Customer Marketing Directors and Managers develop and execute insight-driven, channel/retailer specific marketing solutions rooted in shopper behavior. This role will serve as an expert marketing resource for the Channel Business and will have Retailer-facing marketing responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will have both a marketing and sales mindset, is results-oriented, a strategic thinker, and able to drive and develop the US Shopper Marketing strategy for the full-portfolio of Monster Energy brands.
Essential Job Functions:
• Defines the role of Customer/Shopper Marketing and drives growth by leading the US based Customer Marketing agenda both internally and externally for all US based account businesses
• Leads a high-performing team of 2 Customer Marketing Directors and 10+ Customer Marketing Managers (CMM) through all aspects of channel strategy, customer specific marketing, annual planning, resource utilization, and promotional analysis
• Build bench strength for future leadership roles - ability to identify top talent, provide ongoing coaching/feedback, manage dynamic change, identify training needs to enhance skill sets, and conduct career path discussions and progression planning
• Turn shopper insights into impactful marketing strategies using Category [syndication data, qualitative and quantitative information], Consumer, Shopper and Retailer specific data to define the annual shopper marketing strategy for the organization across multiple channels including Convenience Retail, Mass/Club, Drug/Value, E-commerce, and Grocery
• Coach and mentor Customer Marketing Directors/Managers in order to develop and execute results-driven 360° shopper programming that engages consumers and creates a compelling shopper experience along the path to purchase
• Collaborate with executive sales leadership to identify business opportunities by channel/customer and drives purchase intent in support of revenue growth targets and marketing objectives
• Expertly represent and translate Department, Brand, Retailer, and Sales goals during internal and external meetings
• Leverage promotional synergies across customers within channels where appropriate
• Other duties as assigned
• The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of combined experience in the areas of Customer/Shopper Marketing, Key Account Sales, Field Marketing and Brand Management in the beverage/packaged goods industry.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing preferred, MBA a plus.
• Ability to coach & develop world class talent
• Knowledge of Brand Marketing, Shopper Marketing, Digital Marketing, Ecommerce
• Previous Convenience Retail, Large Store and/or Emerging Channels Channel/Customer marketing experience strongly desired.
• Strong ability to build solid relationships both internally and externally
• Must be decisive and able enforce brand standards internally and externally.
• Must have a strong skill set in the use of Microsoft Office with proven advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint. Experience with syndication data a plus.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
• Ability to work independently and be a self-starter within a team setting.
• Ability to handle a variety of tasks and situations in a calm and effective manner.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Problem analysis and problem resolution at a functional level.
• Commitment to company values.
• Ability to travel 25-40% of the time.