The Associate Customer Marketing Manager’s purpose is to provide best-in-class marketing support to Customer Marketing Managers and a small base of assigned retailers. This role will serve as the marketing resource to the retail sales team with a high level understanding of unique customer and shopper needs to advance activation that fosters stronger customer relationships and results.
Working closely with sales, cross-functional marketing teams, revenue growth management and the category management/shopper insights departments, the CMM will develop insight-driven, tailored campaigns and annual marketing plans that meet internal and external objectives while aligning with the brand strategy in the Monster Energy portfolio.
The ideal candidate will have both a marketing and sales mindset.
Essential job functions:
Channel/Retailer Marketing Strategy
• Serves as the marketing resource across assigned account base, with the ability to leverage retailer and brand strategies to: develop, create, sell-in and execute thoughtful marketing programs that align with the Monster Energy brand and drive growth.
• Customizes national programs for assigned accounts through tactics including loyalty, digital offers, shopper media, etc.
• Work with graphics to develop impactful visuals to support programming needs and secure timely printing and shipping with internal POS procurement prior to in-market launch
• Analyzes performance to deliver actionable conclusions and optimize future programs
• Participate in regular Customer Marketing and sales team conference calls and meetings.
• Prepare and present planned activity, concepts, and business updates as well as share results from program execution
• Excellent communication skills required to carry out program education, calls to action and keeping all key stakeholders updated on programming KPIs
• Maintains strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to influence decision making
• Other duties as assigned
• The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of combined experience in the areas of Customer/Shopper Marketing, Key Account Sales, Field Marketing and Brand Management in the beverage/packaged goods industry.
• Working knowledge of digital and social media marketing tactics
• Previous Large Store, EComm or Convenience Channel/Customer experience/relationships a plus.
• Ability to lead the development of breakthrough creative solutions with general media, digital and promotion agency partners
• Effective communication skills- written and oral
• Must have a strong sense of urgency.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Strong ability to build solid relationships both internally and externally
• Must be decisive and enforce brand standards.
• Ability to travel 25% of the time.
• Candidate should possess a bachelor’s degree in business or marketing.
• Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams)
• Commitment to company values.