The first spark of a product idea sets the NIKE, Inc. Materials and Product teams into motion. A team of designers, developers, material experts, engineers, and testers obsess over Nike’s iconic silhouettes and create groundbreaking new styles. They collaborate, ideate and refine products’ construction, fit and materials. They maintain a keen understanding of consumer and market trends. They dream and create more sustainable future solutions while skillfully operating at the intersection of buyer needs, technical feasibility and business objectives. And they work lockstep with Merchandising, Design, Manufacturing and our Partners to produce the final result: products that reflect the soul of sport and lifestyle and inspire athletes to reach new levels of performance.
Materials are a critical and foundational element to enable and drive creativity and sustainability in our Footwear Products and our Footwear Material Development team leads this through innovating and creating sustainable material solutions that scale and driving focused material palette strategies. Our Material Development teams partner closely with Material Design, Consumer Creation, Footwear Development, Manufacturing, and our Partners and Vendors to create new, innovative, and more sustainable materials that scale and perform in our products and to create and drive key material strategies and practices.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking an experienced Material Developer II in PMO to help differentiate Nike’s product in the marketplace through materials excellence! You will provide tools, palettes, and data across multiple material types to enable effective materials selection for end-use and dimensions’ ease of use. You'll present facts and solutions clearly, with product creation & consumer in mind, so the team can make informed decisions!
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
• Manages the materials creation process from initial concept through to commercialization and production for assigned materials to lead to on time delivery, and materials development according to critical dates, product specification, sustainability, and performance and profitability goals.
• Capable to lead project and communication among different counterparts.
• Creates and revises appropriate documentation for assigned materials; ensures all appropriate development documentation is maintained including product specs and prototypes.
• Tracks and facilitates sampling and prototyping for materials; identifies and addresses key issues and challenges in manufacturing and plans accordingly to deliver proven and tested materials.
• Monitors and communicates challenges throughout the testing process to meet materials integrity requirements.
• Keeps abreast of market trends, new technology and consumer preference.
• Serves as a technical advisor on materials to Tech Developers.
• Time management to drive Project Initiative & Project Management.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
The successful candidate will drive adherence to the product creation calendar to ensure seasonal materials are developed, tested and commercialized on time. You will partner with WHQ Material Development Community and PCC(Product Creation Center)/Factory material team to provide transparency when issues or concerns arise and you'll collaborate on a resolution. You'll serve as the primary contact for vendors as it relates to material specific issues (price, technical specs, performance). You will collaborate with product creation team, innovation and sourcing to provide training and education as well as standard methodologies to enable informed decision making.