Consumer Services has a number of call centers around the world. We are consumer’s first line contact when they need to contact Nike for any questions, issues or concerns. The Consumer Service Data Engineering Team ingests from the Consumer Services application eco-system and delivers this data in a modeled form utilization by the Consumer Services Analytic team to provide dashboards and reports to manage the business.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• We’re looking for a well technically skilled and articulate Data Engineer III to join our team with at least 8+ years of industry experience in Apache Airflow, AWS, Snowflake and pyspark to name a few technical skills.
• This role will perform a number of various tasks mainly developing and maintaining data pipelines from a number of different data sources.
• The candidate needs to have extensive experience in ETL using a various data warehousing programming and technical tools
• Help train and mentor more junior data engineers with a number of technologies.
• Recognize process improvement opportunities and drive the changes for the team.
• Ability to architect, design, and implement solutions with AWS Virtual Private Cloud, EC2, AWS Data Pipeline, AWS Cloud Formation, Auto Scaling, AWS S3, EMR, and other AWS products, HIVE, Athena.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
If this is you, you’ll be working with a team of 1 other engineer and 6 others at WHQ performing the following tasks:
• Build and implement data pipelines from a number of disparate data sources
• Maintaining existing data pipelines and troubleshoot any technical platform issues
• Analyze and profile data for the purpose of designing scalable solutions
• Mentor and develop other data engineers in adopting best practices and standardization
• Troubleshoot complex data issues and perform root cause analysis to proactively resolve product issues and perform on call duties at times
• Help maintain and prioritize technical backlog
• Hands on experience with performance and scalability tuning
A typical day/week looks like (examples of "day in the life" tasks)
• Attend daily stand ups
• Work through the stories and ensure deliverables are met by the end of the two week sprint
• Mentor other engineers and provide simple solutions
• Attend product and technical refinement sessions. Help maintain the technical backlog by looking for long term proactive solutions with the processes
• Collaborate with other Nike teammates to understand requirements and deliverables
• Troubleshoot adhoc quick issues
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will be reporting to the Engineering manager, you will work with Product Manager, other Engineering Team Members and with a variety of talented Nike teammates. You will be part of team that will be a driving force in building ETL processes for Consumer Services Nike Technology.