WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We are building solutions for the management and delivery of text, image and video at the scale of Nike’s global athlete community. We rely upon Agile principles to devise cloud-based solutions to build a best-in-class digital asset management platform. We participate in the open-source community and partner with key vendors. At our core we are a team with diverse talents and interests that strive to build world class platforms. Together we will build a world class asset management and delivery platform. This platform is a key piece to the automates and delivery of dynamic media content to the world’s athletes. It feels natural for this team to solve challenges that come our way like solving the digital asset production and management.
Goals of the Marketing Technology group at Nike:
• Automate the production of marketing images and video.
• Support Nike’s Marketing team to inspire athletes using digital media.
• Collaborate with media production teams to support their creative process.
• Measure our impact and continually improve our connection to the consumer.
The Nike Direct strategy is centered on selling directly to our consumers and building a relationship with those consumers, driven by membership. However, our consumers typically only buy from us 1.5 times per year on average. In order to build a daily habit and relationship with our consumers, Nike will be heavily dependent on leveraging non-product-centric content. The Content Engine is at the center of this strategy. Our capabilities support storytelling, content delivery and globalization across Core Commerce, Activity, SNKRS, WeChat, Communications, Nike Partners, and Retail.
The Asset Platform team will focus on making a scalable repository for Nike’s digital media that is indexed and searchable. We will use the cloud to scale our application and technologies like Aspera to help move assets around the globe.
We are looking for experienced Engineering Manager to join our team in Bengaluru, India.
The engineering manager supports a squad of world class engineers, manages delivery priorities and ensures high quality and well architected solutions are delivered on time and within budget
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON
• Provide engineering leadership and best practices to continuously deliver working software.
• Collaborating with product team members at Nike to design, develop, and deploy a highly scalable digital asset management system and services.
• Collaborate with upstream and downstream technical teams to develop integrations to provide a seamless flow of our marketing assets from planning to delivery.
• Participating in the construction of new features and identifying areas for improvement proactively.
• The squad you lead will work on innovating, architecting, designing, and implementing highly available, scalable systems, focusing on highly visible marketing initiatives.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH
This role is part of the Nike’s Brand Asset Management team within Marketing Technology.