OPERATIONS ACCOUNTING, MANAGER
SINGAPORE & TC FINANCE, OPERATIONS ACCOUNTING
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
As the Operations Accounting Manager for NIKE Trading Company B.V. Singapore Branch and NIKE Global Trading B.V. Singapore Branch (collectively known as "Trading Company"), you will be responsible for operations accounting activities in the global buy sell operations, primarily in the areas of inventory and intercompany space. You will also be expected to support project initiatives, drive process improvements and documentation across the operations accounting function and manage period-end closing activities which cut across different SAP systems R/3 and S4.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
Business Insights/Decision Support
• Partner with the Global stakeholders in the strategic initiatives and supporting Trading Company business and controlling requirements, to enable optimization of global supply chain flow.
• Responsible for SAP system testing on operations accounting related activities for global project initiatives. Define relevant test scenarios and validate results within the set timeline. Provide inputs for informed decision on user acceptance.
• Partner with Global and/or Country cross functional teams including Finance, Tax, Customs, logistics teams to perform health checks in VAT reporting's where Trading Company is the importer of record to stand up new/changes in processes in order to ensure continued compliance where Trading Company is the importer of record
• Drive understanding and consistency around Transfer Pricing, intercompany on charges to uphold Trading Company business model integrity and ensure data integrity recorded in the legal entity books.
Business Process Excellence
• Drive end-to-end process simplification and improvements, leveraging on automation covering Intercompany, Inventory space
• Responsible for building/maintaining relevant desk-top procedures in accordance with the established controls and policies.
• Partner with Supply Chain Operations and/or Capability Teams in ensuring system data integrity in the implementation of new system solutions or change processes to stay relevant with strong internal controls governance.
Closing and Reporting
• Perform period-end closing activities in Inventory and Intercompany space, including preparing accounting entries, reconciliations and analysis files for different legal entity books in SAP R/3 and S4
• Work with cross geography teams and ensure accounting entries are complete and valid for postings.
• Perform independent month-end reviews and analysis for exceptions. Where there are exceptions, investigate, communicate and provide resolutions for the root causes. Ensure action items are communicated and followed up effectively with the relevant parties and closed off with proper documentation.
• Support internal and external audits in the relevant scope. Maintain the integrity of the companies’ financial statements and compliance with US GAAP, local statutory, integrated compliance controls and indirect tax controls and compliance.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will engage and partner with a diverse group of stakeholders in Trading Company as well as across the globe, both financially and non-financially trained.