Nike is always on the move. We are driving an offense that allows us to serve our consumer faster, more personally, and at scale. We are accelerating our greatest opportunities and putting decision-making closer to the consumer so we can move at the speed of the market. We are looking for a leader passionate about our athletes and committed to delivering game changing innovation.
Nike products enable and inspire human potential, and it’s up to the Nike Product Development team to define, drive and perfect those products and experiences for consumers around the world. The Product Development Team leads the creation process, manages product lines, and maintains a keen understanding of consumer and market trends. Product team members operate at the intersection of buyer needs, technical feasibility and business objectives. Whether its basketball or skateboarding, apparel/equipment or footwear, one thing remains constant: The Product team delivers world-class products to help athletes push the boundaries of their potential.
• The product developer holds accountable for the product creation process from initial concept to commercialization and production for assigned models.
• Leads on time delivery and development according to critical dates, product specification, sustainability, performance, and profitability goals.
• Collaborates with Design, Brand and Category Management as well as Technical Development, and Manufacturing to effectively execute product development goals and deliverables.
• Creates and maintains appropriate product documents in system; ensures all documentation is completed, including product bill of material, specs, costing and prototype comments.
• Tracks and facilitates sampling and prototyping for products; identifies and addresses key issues and challenges in construction and manufacturing and plans accordingly to deliver product to meet the needs of consumers.
• Monitors and communicates progress and challenges throughout the product testing process to meet product integrity requirements.
• Keeps abreast of market trends, team goals, new technology and consumer needs throughout the development process. Recommends to product creation team the material, component and construction options to meet key features, fit, product performance and profitability goals.
• Engages appropriately to ensure projects are completed within corporate guidelines and goals for all facets of product creation.