WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a Government and Public Affairs (GPA) Director for South Korea to support Nike’s business in one of the most dynamic and fast-paced territories.
As GPA Director and member of the regional GPA (APLA : Asia Pacific Latin America) team, you will lead in Nike’s interactions and engagement with government leaders and policy-makers in a creative and strategic manner on a variety of complex issues impacting our business success and long-term interests in South Korea. You will serve as internal advisor to Nike Korea, regional and corporate leadership on government affairs/geopolitical issues, key government policy trends and economic measures/practices in the territory.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
In consultation with GPA (APLA), GM (Nike Korea) and key functional leads, you will be responsible for the planning, development and execution of government affairs strategies for Nike in South Korea. You will also be responsible for monitoring and anticipating legislative and policy developments, assessing their impact to the business and working with internal and external stakeholders to advance Nike’s interests and shape the policy agenda in those areas.
You will be expected to identify, build and maintain key relationships and partnerships with government officials, industry and business associations, and other key political stakeholders to anticipate risks and opportunities, advise business partners on engagement strategies and advocate with governments on behalf of Nike.
Specifically, you will focus on these key areas:
Fuel Digital Innovation and Growth
• Drive Nike’s advocacy on policy/laws on digital commerce, privacy, cyber security and intellectual property (IP) rights to fuel business growth in South Korea. These issues range from enhanced IP enforcement on online platforms to practical laws enabling use of data for connected memberships, personalization, consumer engagement, etc.
• Work with global and regional teams to lend expert advice/analysis of digital economy policies/issues in key markets in Asia Pacific (ex-China).
Create Positive Business Environment
• Support Nike Korea’s development and execution of Seoul city offense and other brand marketing experiences
• Support Nike’s sourcing and manufacturing operations in Busan on government policies/regulations pertaining to labor, innovation, trade and others
Drive Trade & Tax Excellence
• Advocate for Korean government’s support for free trade
• Advocate for a favorable, sustained and predictable tax environment for Nike Korea’s operations
• Mitigate risks to business and reputation from government’s policies and actions on trade and tax
• Unlock government policies/programs that enhance business capabilities to achieve Nike’s sustainability commitments and targets on carbon, waste, people, chemistry and water.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
You will report to the GPA Sr. Director (APLA) based in Singapore and work very closely with GM/Nike Korea, Legal, IP/Privacy and other functional leads at Nike in South Korea. You will also work with relevant subject matter experts at global/regional levels to identify priorities and develop policy positions.