Nike products enable and inspire human potential, and it’s up to the Nike Product Development team to define, drive and perfect those products and experiences for consumers around the world. Product Development owns the execution of product development from concept to manufacturing readiness, manage factory execution of proto/sample development - craft, materials, trims, graphics, color, cost negotiation and testing, and deliver on-time commercialization.
Nike is always on the move. We are driving an offense that allows us to serve our consumer faster, more personally, and at scale. We are accelerating our greatest opportunities and putting decision-making closer to the consumer so we can move at the speed of the market.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Product Development Manager committed to our athletes and to delivering game changing innovation by building a cohesive team that applies their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals, driving inclusive performance management, rewards, and recognition.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Owns the execution of product development from concept to manufacturing readiness
- Manages factory execution of proto/sample development - craft, materials, trims, graphics, color, cost negotiation and testing
- Delivers on-time Commercialization Readiness - ensures cross-functional adherence to key calendar dates/gates; final BOM released for bulk production
- Lead and inspire a team (with 4-8 direct reports) by developing diverse talent, empowering, and enabling through coaching, career development and creating an environment of belonging
- Represents product development (Product Creation Center) on a product creation triad team with product management, design, and technical design.
- Provide functional leadership and support to cross-functional teams in areas related to source selection, capacity planning, materials, garment construction, development process, engineering/costing, sustainability, quality risk mitigation and meet all key calendar gates & dates
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
The first spark of a product idea sets the NIKE, Inc. Product team into motion. The team of designers, technical designers, product management, developers, testers, engineers, and managers obsess over Nike’s iconic silhouettes and create groundbreaking new styles. They collaborate, ideate and refine products’ construction, fit and materials. They skillfully operate at the intersection of the consumer, technical feasibility and business objectives. And they work lockstep with manufacturing, factories and others to produce the final result: products that reflect the soul of sport and inspire athletes to reach new levels of performance