We are building solutions for the management and delivery of image and video at the scale of Nike’s global athlete community. We rely upon Agile principles to devise cloud-based solutions to build a best-in-class digital asset management platform. We participate in the open-source community and partner with key vendors. At our core we are a team with diverse talents and interests that strive to build world class platforms. Together we will build a world class asset management and delivery platform. This platform is a key piece to the automates and delivery of dynamic media content to the world’s athletes. It feels natural for this team to solve challenges that come our way like solving the digital asset production and management.
Goals of the Marketing Technology group at Nike:
• Automate the production of marketing images and video
• Support Nike’s Marketing team to inspire athletes using digital media
• Collaborate with media production teams to support their creative process
• Measure our impact and continually improve our connection to the consumer
The Asset Platform team will focus on making a scalable repository for Nike’s digital media that is indexed and searchable. We will use the cloud to scale our application and technologies like Aspera to help move assets around the globe.
As our Lead Software Engineer, you will play an integral role in developing an innovative and highly scalable digital asset management platform to support the end-to-end process from curation to delivering of marketing content to Nike’s authoring and delivery systems.
In this role, you will be:
• Innovating, architecting, designing, and implementing highly available, scalable systems, focusing on highly visible marketing initiatives
• Leading with new ideas for new features and identifying technical areas for improvement proactively
• Partnering with product team members at Nike to design, develop, and deploy a highly scalable digital asset management system and services.
• Collaborate with upstream and downstream technical teams to develop integrations to provide a seamless flow of our marketing assets from planning to delivery.
• Provide technical leadership and best engineering practices to continuously deliver working software by mentoring other developers
• As the Lead, you will use your in-depth experience in software development to writing clean, tested, and well-documented code, as well as lead the peer code review process and mentor other engineers on the team.