NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
Scope and Responsibilities:
As a Senior Observability Engineer, you’ll work with a variety of talented Nike teammates and serve as a driving force for performance, providing intelligent proactive monitoring tools to ensure end-to-end insight to mission critical services for all Nike Technology and Digital teams.
• Responsible for the definition and delivery of activities on the monitoring roadmap.
• Collaborate with operations & engineering teams, application developers, management and infrastructure teams to assess near- and long-term monitoring needs.
• Implement, maintain, and consult on the observability and monitoring framework that supports the needs of multiple internal stakeholders.
• Keep an eye on the emerging observability tools, trends and methodologies, and continuously enhance our existing systems and processes.
• Participate in process development with our Engineering and Development teams.
• Effectively communicate tool capabilities and processes to varying stakeholders.
• Collaborate with other teams on improving our observability systems.
• Assist with driving monitoring and observability standards to improve consumer experience of mission critical applications, services, and business processes with a strong focus on the end-to-end journey.
• Provide direction to the WHQ team when training and enablement activities are required for the Greater China team.
• Assist in scheduling and hosting regular tool training sessions to better enable tool adoption and best practices.
• Provide input on improving the global operating model for monitoring and observability services.