Overview of the Job:
The Integrated Media Director will lead the team and work with key partners to create and execute media campaigns for important brand narratives, product launches and 365 campaigns that recruit and retain members to the Nike Brand.
The Director of Integrated Media is responsible for driving the paid brand media for Nike China. With a team reporting into it, this role is responsible for setting the media and communications strategy, ensuring flawless plan implementation, directly managing the agency partners and constantly elevating the marketing team understanding of best practice with a spirit of constant innovation. It brings together the knowledge, trends and insights of the ever evolving China media landscape with consumer marketing strategies and works closely with the marketing team to develop best in class marketing communications plans and programs in support of our brand business objectives.
Success in this role requires strong knowledge of and passion for media and communications landscape including: traditional, digital, social, content development, data, adtech and CRM. A desire to build brand communications strategies that meet our athletes where, when, how they want - from understanding audience dynamics to developing targeting and content strategies to identifying optimal partners, developing the voices of the brand through content and optimization through data and analytics - this role truly drives our performance at the intersection of brand strategies with consumer engagement and plays a pivotal role in how our brand equities evolve in China. The individual in this role must be able to adapt to a rapidly evolving environment and be willing to collaborate with marketing colleagues, external agencies, media partners and WHQ to drive our brand and communications effectiveness into the future. The position is responsible for the leadership and development of a team of approximately 7 who are direct reports, as well as associated external agencies. The position also interfaces with the Brand Marketing and associated cross-functional teams including Performance Marketing, Global, Procurement, and Finance.
GC Integrated Media Senior Director
• Gender Brand Marketing
• Consumer Direct Marketing
• Marketing Function Teams
• Media Science
• Performance Marketing
• Lead key communication strategic initiatives that span across categories while elevating digital and social capabilities for the organization
o Provide strategic media direction for each category, aligning with the various internal groups to develop fully integrated 360 programs
o Define and drive media strategies to meet company marketing and business objectives
o Collaborate and work with marketing and outside agency partners to plan, create and execute fully integrated and "big idea" programs with paid media, IP activities, digital and social media experiential components, in concert with marketing objectives
o Drive opportunities for digital, and social media experiences
o Understand and translate opportunities for business growth, leveraging data analytics
• Maintain a seamless process and communication flow between marketing, creative and media agencies
• Partner with outside vendors to craft customized media opportunities for each brand
• Partner with external resources and professional experts to ensure a constant inflow of relevant new knowledge about developments in the digital space to inform communication plans and priorities
o Stay updated on industry trends and act as the ‘go-to’ resource for all things "media"
o Provide advice and counsel to e-Commerce team on all relevant issues relating to digital marketing, social media, eCommerce advertising and content initiatives
• Manage agency expense and communications budget in concert with brand teams and finance
• Establish measures of success for the team overall, and individual strategies and programs, and develop and manage systems for tracking progress and acting on results
• Help Marketing to infuse a digital-first mindset into all communications efforts
• Lead and develop the team of direct reports to maximize their potential and effectiveness