As Tax Director - Planning & Controversy, you will report to Tax Director, Greater China (GC), and based on her instructions, be accountable for the creation, optimization and protection of tax value in support of Nike GC’s finance, business and shareholder objectives.
You will be responsible for providing professional and relevant tax support facilitating business growth and tax risk management of Nike GC, as well as utilizing expertise and experiences to succeed in international tax planning and controversy readiness and defense.
Tax Planning & Efficiency Improvement
· Continuously optimize business model for tax efficiency and value creation for Nike
· Lead or support tax planning and restructuring projects
· Review and optimize operational process for efficiency
· Embrace and lead changes to improve tax efficiency
· Lead or support to cross-functional collaboration and projects
Audit Readiness & Defense:
· Stay abreast of and apply developments and changes in tax law and accounting procedures to NIKE business
· Identify potential tax risk and opportunities and design strategies to maximize company benefits
· Rationalize and optimize strategies and procedures to improve audit readiness
· Lead or support controversy and audit, manage audit activities including interface with tax authorities and ensuring responsiveness