ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Linux engineer to work within the team to implement, administer, and maintain Linux/Unix based systems for Nike Data Centers and Cloud operational strategies.
As a Linux Engineer in Technology Operations, you’ll work with a variety of talented Nike teams on continually improving performance and providing scalable, reliable, and available platforms for all teams. Solving problems with engineering teams who run at a rapid, changing pace is just the beginning. You will contribute to building self-service frameworks and extending tools to enable agility at all levels of the operational stack, making it simple and safe for our users to deploy new applications with minimal assistance. In true team fashion, you will have numerous opportunities to share your knowledge with the Unix team as well as the larger Nike Global Technology Organization.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON
• If this is you, you’ll be working with the Linux team and perform the following tasks:
• Building and maintaining machine images for multiple Linux OS types
• Building and supporting build pipelines to support customer builds
• CI/CD work to automate and integrate machine builds and develop new or improve pipelines.
• Automating the cloud experience for customers in multiple cloud environments.
• Tool enhancements to augment fully automated product line
• Operational support for multiple Linux OS systems.
• Package management, vulnerability remediation and OS troubleshooting.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH
This role is part of the Unix Engineering team within Global Operational Technology.