WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
Nike has embraced big data technologies to enable data-driven decisions. We are looking a Lead Data Engineer to keep pace. As Lead Data Engineer, you will work with a variety of talented Nike teammates and be a driving force for building first-class solutions for Enterprise Data and Analytics. The ideal candidate will have programming experience, big data skills, comfortable with ambiguity and will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON
• Design and build reusable components, frameworks and libraries at scale to support analytics data products.
• Design and implement product features in collaboration with business and Technology stakeholders.
• Anticipate, identify and solve issues concerning data management to improve data quality.
• Clean, prepare and optimize data at scale for ingestion and consumption.
• Drive the implementation of new data management projects and re-structure of the current data architecture.
• Implement complex automated workflows and routines using workflow scheduling tools.
• Build continuous integration, test-driven development and production deployment frameworks.
• Drive collaborative reviews of design, code, test plans and dataset implementation performed by other data engineers in support of maintaining data engineering standards.
• Analyze and profile data for the purpose of designing scalable solutions.
• Troubleshoot complex data issues and perform root cause analysis to proactively resolve product and operational issues.
• Mentor and develop other data engineers in adopting best practices.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH
• Work with product management to understand business requirements.
• Work with Engineering leadership and architecture teams to align on design, architecture and enterprise strategy.