Are you interested in working for the most iconic and well-loved sneaker brand in the world? Born in sports and made for the street, Converse is a place to explore your potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. We seek people who can lead, grow, think, dream, and create. Our culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. Converse seeks achievers, leaders, and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing their authentic self, skills, and passion to serve the daring spirit of youth.
ABOUT OUR TEAM
The mission of the Converse Global Sourcing & Manufacturing team is to Deliver Product Excellence, bringing to life and to market products that blow away consumer expectations. We believe this is possible by partnering with best-in-class manufacturers and investing in the right talent to:
• -Build capabilities to create innovative products that push the boundaries of our brand
• -Deploy responsive supply chain solutions that improve speed and deliver meaningful commercial impact
• -Advance the resilience and sustainability of our supply chain through partner, performance and risk management approaches
• -Constantly improve our operational model to improve service, efficiency, cost, and quality
• -Live our values and put people first to drive organizational effectiveness
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• -We’re looking for a Tooling Engineer I - based in Hubei Province, China - to manage bottom tooling development and production at manufacturing shoe factory.
• -The candidate must be an effective communicator, multiplayer, flexible thinker and could work cross-functionally.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
If this is you, you’ll be working with both company counterparts and external factory partners, performing as a bridge in between. You will communicate tooling design revisions and ensure tooling transfers well from development to production with good quality and efficiency.
A typical day/week looks like:
• -Review tooling blueprint revisions. Hold meeting, discuss with factory and mold shop to ensure balance of design intention and production excellence.
• -Provide technical solutions and manufacturability feedback on mold design or processes during development stage.
• -Lead tooling trials, review and confirm all the tooling related data (Cycles, Defective Rate)
• -Manage tooling quality at shoe factory to keep A grade component being made.
• -Work with line manager to support assigned department goals and projects.
• -Elevate factory tooling team’s technical capabilities.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
As a Tooling Engineer you will work directly with factory tooling team, moldshop for all tooling related work, collaborate with Manufacturing Engineers to conduct related stock-fit trials and support all the tooling daily work. As an accountable person of tooling development, you will work directly with HQ Developer and Designer to lead tooling development from Asia side, by collaborating with Asia development team. You’ll also work with other functions in Asia such as Planning, Costing and Chemical teams on tooling authorization and making, confirming bottom components defective rate, responsible for tooling output and confirmation process.