WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will architect, develop, test and deploy sophisticated solutions. You will be a prolific code contributor and will be expected to demonstrate code and product ownership. You will be informing product owners on technology-related business problems; formulating options and assessing their relative merits and risk to figure out the best solution. You will keep up to date with the world of platforms and build a capability maturity vision to ensure that we are always aiming to be outstanding. You will mentor software developers on the team, and through code reviews, ensure that all the work meets industry standards. You will assist in solving and resolving production issues. You will work with multiple multi-functional engineering teams at Nike to build the future of sport.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON
The Content platform for the ecosystem of Sport to efficiently power Nike’s Global, Personalized, Consumer anywhere experiences and journeys. Nike strives to connect athletes• to every aspect of sport• through daily engagement. We want to accompany them on their athletic journeys every day. A consumer wants to engage with Nike on the channels that resonate with them. They expect the experience to be contextual, relevant, and personalized based on information they've shared with Nike. They are not satisfied with one size fits all marketing strategies. Content must be in their language.
The content platform provides tools and services to handle and publish a single pool of localized content that is attributed for personalized delivery. Our headless approach enables multi-channel content reuse. Automation enables us to all PDPs to assemble and publish without human intervention. Globalization capabilities unlock accelerated go-to-market for global experiences and consistent cross channel journeys by reducing the time and cost to develop internationalized experiences. The vendor agnostic localization capability unlocks scale and quality through a distributed linguist marketplace that includes machine translation capabilities. Product copywriting capability ensures quality, consistency, and timely seasonal readiness of localized, SEO-friendly product copy across Direct and Partner channels.
As a Principal Software Engineer you will
• Set goals, vision and create technical road map for the team
• Collaborate with a globally distributed team
• Work closely with the product management team to ensure we're building the best products
• Partner with Product, Architecture and engineering to create, influence the product backlog and make decisions on technical debt and feature road maps
• Provide technical leadership in the evaluation, conceptualization, design, and development of major new capabilities
• Share takeaways through blogs, talks and discussions across Nike
• Drive multi-functional alignment and technical delivery of major capabilities across value streams
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH
This role is part of the Plan to Activation teams within Marketing Technology.