Are you interested in working for the most iconic and well-loved sneaker brand in the world? Born in sports and made for the street, Converse is a place to explore your potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. We seek people who can lead, grow, think, dream, and create. Our culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. Converse seeks achievers, leaders, and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing their authentic self, skills, and passion to serve the daring spirit of youth.
ABOUT OUR TEAM
The mission of the Converse Global Sourcing & Manufacturing team is to Deliver Product Excellence, bringing to life and to market products that blow away consumer expectations. We believe this is possible by partnering with best-in-class manufacturers and investing in the right talent to:
• -Build capabilities to create innovative products that push the boundaries of our brand
• -Deploy responsive supply chain solutions that improve speed and deliver meaningful commercial impact
• -Advance the resilience and sustainability of our supply chain through partner, performance and risk management approaches
• -Constantly improve our operational model to improve service, efficiency, cost, and quality
• -Live our values and put people first to drive organizational effectiveness
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• -We’re looking for a Chemical Engineer I - based in CTS/ZhongShan, GuangDong Province, China - to manage chemical components development and manufacturing at shoe factory.
• -The candidate must be an effective communicator, multiplayer, flexible thinker and could work cross-functionally.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
If this is you, you’ll be working with both company counterparts, external factory partners, and suppliers. performing as a bridge in among team. You will communicate chemical components creation & process setup , and ensure chemical stuffs are well created at development stage , and be soundly produced at mass production with good quality and efficiency.
A typical day/week looks like:
• -Review model level chemical component requests and deploy the creation jobs among facotries & suppliers through effective communication channels .
• -Provide chemical expertise and make the chemical components be feasible during development stage.
• -Lead chemical trials, review and confirm all related reports
• -Work with line manager to support assigned department goals and projects.
• -Support to elevate factory chemical team performance and enrich DC chemical resource.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
As a chemical Engineer you will work directly with factory chemical team, chemical suppliers for all model level chemical jobs, collaborate with Manufacturing chemical Engineers to conduct related trials at production side. As an accountable person of model level chemical jobs, you will work directly with HQ Developer and Designer to lead chemical components development from Asia side, by collaborating with Asia development team. You’ll also work with other functions in Asia such as Planning, Costing and tooling & PE teams for model level chemical issues.