Today, the opportunities for growth across NIKE, Inc.’s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike’s multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike’s diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to independently manage the Payroll Accounting activities of Nike Companies supported by Trading Company Shared Services Accounting team. As the subject matter expert, you will maintain the accuracy and integrity of our financials and reporting. This will be performed through standardized Record to Report (Payroll Accounting) processes in line with Nike Corporate Policies, SOX controls and exceptions compliant to Statutory requirements. Equipped with excellent organization and process analytical aptitude, you will be empowered with continuous improvements opportunities, leveraging automation. An effective communicator, you are adept to translate and communicate complex accounting principles to process you are expected to drive collaborative work engagement with the broad and diverse group of cross functional key stakeholders.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
If this is you - understanding the operational needs, identify business insights and/or change in accounting assumptions with an impact to the Payroll Accounting activities will be essential. Other responsibilities include;
• Execute the End to End Payroll Accounting (6 SEAI Countries - 14 Nike & Converse Entities) including Month End Close; BSPL Flux Analysis; Balance Sheet Account Reconciliation; Reporting; Internal and External Audit Support - efficiently and effectively in line with business continuity
• Lead independently complex Payroll Accounting components for local employees and expatriates - Taxation of Employee Stock Options; Employee Benefit Accruals (True up/down adjustments) and country specific postings
• Ability to protect and honor the confidentiality and sensitivity of all employee related information
• Achieve accuracy and integrity of Nike Financials via standardized accounting processes aligned to Corporate Policies & Tools; compliant to US GAAP, IFRS, Controls, Statutory and Employee Tax; Labor laws and regulations
• Update documentations and Uphold SSC credibility with quality results; service standards in line with agreed KPI/SLA. Champions a metrics-driven culture
• Spearhead automation; Drive continuous process improvement efforts leveraging LEAN; Operationalize industry best practices; Capitalize on opportunities with evolving business initiatives
• Support projects or intake of new scope with a methodical approach towards a positive experience outcome
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
Your key stakeholder will be our Human Resource partners - APAC HR Operations and HR Compliance teams. You will also be engaging with a diversified group of stakeholders in Trading Company Finance and SEAI (Singapore; Malaysia; Thailand; Philippines; Indonesia; India) Controlling. Other key stakeholders that team Payroll Accounting interact with includes Global Hire to Retire; Global Legal Entity Record to Report; Global CAPEX and Global Lease Accounting. The cross functional stakeholders include Tax, Sales and Marketing, Business Unit leaders and Cost Center owners.