Are you interested in working for the most iconic and well-loved sneaker brand in the world? Born in sports and made for the street, Converse is a place to explore your potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. We seek people who can lead, grow, think, dream, and create. Our culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. Converse seeks achievers, leaders, and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing their authentic self, skills, and passion to serve the daring spirit of youth.
ABOUT OUR TEAM
The mission of the Converse Global Sourcing & Manufacturing team is to Deliver Product Excellence, bringing to life and to market products that blow away consumer expectations. We believe this is possible by partnering with best-in-class manufacturers and investing in the right talent to:
• -Build capabilities to create innovative products that push the boundaries of our brand
• -Deploy responsive supply chain solutions that improve speed and deliver meaningful commercial impact
• -Advance the resilience and sustainability of our supply chain through partner, performance, and risk management approaches
• -Constantly improve our operational model to improve service, efficiency, cost, and quality
• -Live our values and put people first to drive organizational effectiveness
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for an Innovation Manager- based in ZhongShan City, China - Lead a team to manage Innovation Operations, Innovation R&D, Material/Sustainable Innovation.
The candidate must be performing scientific and technological investigation directed toward the acquisition of new knowledge. Research encompasses such endeavors as understanding the limitations of technology and how to apply its capabilities; developing proof-of-concept prototypes; devising methods and tools for modeling, analyzing, and developing products and services.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
If this is you, you’ll be working with both company counterparts and external factory partners, performing as a bridge in between. You will be working on Innovation Concepts that are consistent with vision for new method of make by collaborating with product creation on genesis of new product concepts for Converse. Generates new ways of thinking about aspects of performance-based products that result in growth opportunities and competitive advantages in the marketplace.
A typical day/week looks like:
• -Partner Management T1/T2 - Build & leverage partners innovation capability & resource. To ensure deliverables are met. Inspires team, partners, and facilitates collaboration across teams.
• -Operation Excellence - Master & Optimize procedure, Support Innovation events key dates & gates . Ensures innovation projects meet deadlines.
• -Technology Management - Technology sourcing strategy - Right technology at right location at right time- Readiness, Transition & Proliferation - defines protocol and establishes scops of testing required to prove and validate a concept.
• -Accelerate Innovation- New tech, new compound and new method of make.
• -Partner Converse CGM Innovation - Color/Graphic/Material.
• -Support Sustainable materials, compounds and products initiatives.
• -Manages employees and sets individual goals that link to Innovation priorities. Coaches staff supports developments.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
As a Innovation Manager you will lead a team and work directly with different functional teams in Converse HQ, Converse Technical Service in Asia and T1 & T2 partners, Understand the important of a share innovation vision in motivating partners and create strategies or methods to make Innovation vision a reality. To collaborate with project team focus on Innovation Operation, Innovation R&D, Material Innovation and Sustainability.