WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for a Chemistry Deployment Director to be based in Singapore. This role will lead deployment of our Global Sustainable Manufacturing & Sourcing (GSM&S) Chemistry strategy to ensure foundational expectations are met for chemical management and adoption of clean chemistries for priority areas across our supply chain.
Candidates for this role must have excellent communication skills across multiple stakeholders, proven ability to work cross-functionally, and the ability influence across different cultures and leadership levels. A deep knowledge of chemistry principles is imperative.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
In this role, you will lead global deployment of Sustainable Chemistry strategies to achieve 2025 sustainability targets. You will also support World Headquarters (WHQ) in creation of strategies and lead engagement to deployment execution in the field.
In addition, you will;
• Provide functional expertise and build capabilities of Nike and suppliers’ Chemistry teams.
• Collaborate / partner with key Nike stakeholders and business units (Footwear, Apparel, Materials) to align on Sustainable Chemistry and compliance objectives.
• Drive factory environmental performance to achieve public sustainability targets related to Chemistry.
• Support the scaling of chemical inventory visibility and better chemistry programs across the Nike Inc manufacturing supply chain.
• Leverage critical thinking to solve complex, multi-dimensional problems in collaboration with partners and business leaders.
• Drive discipline for timely and accurate data management.
• Proactively monitor local, regional, and global events related to sustainable chemistry and communicate the potential risks and opportunities.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
The position is located in Singapore, and reports to the Deployment Director in Singapore with a dotted line to the GSM&S Chemistry Director at Nike World Headquarters in Oregon, USA. This role is a key link between headquarter vision / strategy and field execution at contract manufacturers. You will closely collaborate with Nike business units (Footwear, Apparel and Accessories, Materials) and Suppliers to implement strategies and initiatives. You will coordinate with Nike Chemical Engineering teams and work closely with our GSM&S Chemistry, Water, and Health and Safety teams. Your work will be cross functional and at varying levels of the organization.