NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a seasoned Program and Portfolio Manager who will help bring Nike’s mission to life and bring Inspiration and Innovation to every Athlete• in the world. You will passionately oversee the efforts that bring the best of Nike Technology to our Consumers and Athletes in SEA&I and Pacific.
We are looking for a leader that can drive clarity and ensure that priorities are clear and that plans are aligned and consistent with the goals of the business and our technology organization in APLA’s SEA&I and Pacific. As a leader in this space, you must be able to instill trust and gain the confidence of our technology team and business partners. Fostering effective teamwork will be key and your ability to build cohesive teams to achieve common goals will be critical to your success. In this role, you must be able to navigate ambiguity, connect the dots, and understand the broader strategy of Global Technology and the business - seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating strategy to portfolio and program execution, enabled by effective technology business operations.
You will, as part of the DTPO team, be an active participant and leader of the portfolio of investment and operational initiatives & programs for SEA&I and Pacific, utilizing the frameworks, tools and best practices used across the greater global and geo Technology Digital Transformation Program Offices to ensure seamless ways of working in managing our collective technology portfolio. Planning, budgeting, and executing the SEA&I and Pacific portfolio is at the core of what this team will do and our success.
This role requires strong analytical and problem-solving skills needed to lead program management responsibilities, for executing cross-functional, end-to-end program delivery processes and delivering technology capabilities to our Consumers and Athletes, who are at the center of everything we do. At times, you may even find yourself leading major initiatives. The ability to implement program management principles and tools, agile ways of working and work within an agile framework will be critical in working across both global and APLA teams.
• Functional knowledge: deep understanding and knowledge of program, portfolio, and project management, as well as agile planning & execution methodologies
• Portfolio management: demonstrated discipline of managing technology portfolios; knowledge of best practices and implementing common frameworks that support the organization’s tracking and reporting of investment and operational programs
• Program management: strong strategic, analytical, and problem-solving skills to oversee program/product development, manage dependencies, and prioritize across roadmaps
• Cross-functional expertise: understanding of cross-functional operational priorities in order to facilitate cross-functional discussions and drive alignment among cross-functional stakeholders. Ability to manage and/or oversee cross-functional key program areas, working collaboratively with and influencing senior leadership. Ability to communicate, influence and build relationships across teams and leadership
• Communication expertise: ability to develop and articulately present materials to senior leadership that aligns priorities of Global Technology and NIKE
• Operations management: rigorous operational leadership experience managing business operations including contingent labor, function-specific data needs & reporting, and function-specific engagement on content development
• Functional planning: capable of supporting the development of key strategic initiatives, functional alignment and planning, and technical asks, as well as the ability to translate and communicate them to diverse and critical audiences
• Program reporting & risk management: proven experience building program plans and leveraging various tracking tools & processes to regularly report program status & health; ability to identify, manage, & report program risks and associated mitigation plans
• Dependency management: ability to assess, understand and manage program dependencies including coordinating teams and resources needed to execute
• Financial planning & management: strong forecasting, reporting, & management of organization’s budget inclusive of fixed & variable costs.
• Contribute to the maintenance of the APLA SEA&I and Pacific Technology Strategic Roadmap
• Actively participate in the strategic planning lifecycle and develop and manage the portfolio needed to execute our annual operating plans
• Comprehensive budgeting to include forecasts & actuals
• Manage SEA&I and Pacific and applicable APLA-wide communication
• Conducting regular post project reviews
• Developing, executing, & managing portfolio and program operating models and tools
• Portfolio, program, and operational status & health reporting
• Establishing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure execution & delivery success