For over a century, New Balance has inspired athletes and communities of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and we are driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek leaders and pioneers because theres no time to wait around for next. At New Balance, We Got Now.
The Retail Store Manager ensures long-term business growth in accordance with New Balance's core values and established policies & procedures. Sets the strategic direction of the store to achieve all established goals & objectives. Achieves sales and budget metrics through effective leadership, decision making and judgment. Coaches and develops staff. Acts according to New Balances Core values.
• Drives Sales Results
• Directly responsible for achievement of store sales goals and performance metrics through the execution of strategies and team performance management.
• Leads with creative thinking to deliver positive store results by impact store traffic patterns and delivering on expectations.
• Coaches and develops staff to ensure high level performance while creating bench strength for future growth.
• Creates and maintains a "Total Customer Satisfaction" Culture
• Achieves/Exceeds all financial and operational objectives to include expense control, loss prevention, audits/checklists, weekly reports and effective execution of promotions.
• Consistently executes weekly and monthly business rhythms and tasks.
• Manages team to ensure compliance of all company policies and procedures.
• Makes sound business decisions and effectively communicates to all staff members.
• Promotes and Follows Safety Protocol
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS:
• BA in Business Administration, or related field preferred
• 3-6 years store management experience (some stores may require more experience in higher volume settings).
• The availability and the ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the demands of a retail business & consumer to include regular nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Retail Operations experience including: sales, customer service, merchandising, inventory control, store budget preparation and loss prevention.
• Strong Computer skills: POS Systems and Microsoft Office, Math Skills
• Demonstrated critical thinking skills
• Staff Development Experience: Knowledge in staffing, coaching, counseling, training, development, employee corrective action and performance management.
• Able to coordinate and manage a team to accomplish multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to lead and create a team-oriented environment and provide excellent customer service.
• Demonstrated ability to lead a team to coordinate operational tasks, including receiving shipment and maintain store cleanliness, will occasionally participate in those tasks when additional support is needed.
• Able to effectively communicate in verbal and written English
• Ability to lift 4 lbs. constantly. Lift maximum 8lbs occasionally. May need to push or pull 50 lbs. over 200 ft. occasionally. Ability to kneel or squat frequently. Stand for prolong periods. Occasionally climb ladders
• Depending on location, may need to frequently climb and descend stairs
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. Youll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword its part of our culture.
Learn more about our Benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.