For over a century, New Balance has inspired athletes and communities of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and we are driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek leaders and pioneers because theres no time to wait around for next. At New Balance, We Got Now.
Sr. UC Engineer will focus on design, operation and management of Microsoft Teams, Direct Routing and Skype for Business (SfB) infrastructure serving New Balance offices worldwide. The right candidate will be responsible for leading the growth, administration, configuration, troubleshooting and integrity of unified communications services and related components, extending from on-premises to those in MS 365 tenant or other cloud services.
• Administers and maintains SfB topology including front-end servers, load balancers, session border controllers (SBCs), MS SQL servers, Edge Servers, Telco gateways, and central monitoring system.
• Administers and maintains hybrid connectivity between On-Premise SfB and On-line Sfb and Teams tenants.
• Manages UC interconnections with other key infrastructure technologies such as SIP services, Direct Routing, Office 365, Exchange, Active Directory, PKI, Azure AD, SharePoint, Audio-Visual & Contact-center systems, etc.
• Develops, configures and maintains UC usage policies and an overall governance structure.
• Supports AV Techs with configuration of room-based conferencing systems, phone features and other related audio-visual technologies such as MSFT Teams Rooms, Surface Hub, Analog gateways, SIP Paging systems, etc.
• Mentors junior IT techs for level 0/1/2 triage of reported Teams/SfB, advanced AV and telco troubleshooting.
• Maintains system integrity in accordance with business requirements, patching schedules and industry best practices related to privacy, cyber security, and regulatory compliance.
• Diagnosis and timely resolution of customer systems, call quality issues and requests, ensuring service levels and quality control standards are met.
• Ensure overall topology health, tuning, version updates, valid certificates, patches/hot-fix concurrency.
• Completion of assigned service desk requests and resolution of IT incidents per defined SLAs.
• Create/update system documentation, as-build topology, network diagrams, best practices, configuration
• Tracking, reporting and remediating deviations from performance baselines.
• Maintain strategic oversight of UC environment, POC future technologies in a well-maintained lab environment, with aim to enhance end-user productivity and ease-of-use.
• Produce periodic status reports; provide regular updates at team meetings; multi-tasking while handling competing priorities; adherence to assigned budget; Self-initiating approach to work.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS:
• Proven knowledge and understanding of SfB 2015+, Skype Online and MSFT Teams in Office365 and related technologies such as AD, SBCs, Load Balancers and SQL Servers
• Proficiency with VoIP related systems, PSTN connectivity, SIP service configuration, broadcast systems, networking concepts, Skype Broadcast and component technologies as demonstrated via previously managed global deployments serving dispersed users and integration of data sources.
• Strong understanding of voice routing, VoIP systems, PSTN hookup, quality of service, call admission control, Skype/Teams Mobility, group/system policies, survivable branch appliances, unified messaging, Active Directory, internal and external PKI, federation, E911
• Adept at PowerShell scripting, regular expression, policy management, translations, federation, etc.
• Thorough and proven understanding of TCP/IP and network protocols and systems, security and networked storage protocols, Kerberos, VPNs, DNS, DHCP, VLANs, DSCP tagging on wireless and wired networks.
• Significant voice engineering experience with strong working knowledge of SIP Trunking, Session Border Controllers such as Sonus SBC, Analog gateways, SIP phones, Lync/Skype/MS room systems, Polycom/Crestron/Logitech video conferencing integration, etc.
• Proficient in Microsoft's Windows Server Operating System (2016 and above), IIS server and Power Shell. Strong familiarity with SQL Server 2012 (and above) and MS Exchange on premise and with Office 365.
• Operates as member of larger IT Service Delivery team and assists with cross-functional initiatives.
• BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent required along with eight to twelve years experience essential in an IT environment comparable to New Balance, with four+ years on Skype/Lync and related technologies.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Comfortable contributing to meetings and at team discussions. Cognizant of working with diverse and global teams.
• Quick learner with creative and analytical problem-solving skills.
• Proven ability to organize, document and follow standard operating procedures and observe IT change management policies.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to balance multiple IT projects. Practices fundamental project management skills. Proficient in related use of Office productivity applications.
• Customer service driven/focused with a proactive and positive can-do approach. Demonstrates commitment to organizations policy framework.
• Research and result oriented individual with willingness to work unsupervised and prioritize own workload with a good attention to detail. Ability to adapt to flexible working schedules.
• Outstanding follow-through and problem-solving skills, resourcefulness and multi-tasking.
• Ability to interact professionally and effectively with a diverse work force across the organization.
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. Youll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword its part of our culture.
Learn more about our Benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.