For over a century, New Balance has inspired athletes and communities of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and we are driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek leaders and pioneers because theres no time to wait around for next. At New Balance, We Got Now.
TheUX Researcherwill manage and conduct in-depth qualitative research for customer insights on NB.com. The results of the research will be used to improve the customer experience and apply what we learn for future growth and innovation opportunities. This role will focus on understanding customer behavior and will help inform what areas we should invest resources in to drive business results.
• Plan and implement the overall user research strategy and methods.
• Turn vague and complex research requests into clear research plans.
• Lead recruitment activities for user research and maintain recruiting database.
• Conduct multi-method research activities including ethnographic interviews, usability testing, card sorting, journey mapping and survey formulation.
• Monitor session recordings and other interaction features in digital intelligence tools for regular and timely identification of UX issues.
• Prepare comprehensive documented observations and analyses of results.
• Deliver robust, actionable insights and represent the voice of our consumer.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS
• Bachelors degree required;preferred degrees- psychology, human-computer interaction (HCI), cognitive science or related field that delves into human behavior, decision-making and information-processing
• 3+years working as a UX Researcher at an internet-related business desired
• Experience in E-Commerce
• Familiarity with industry tools such as: UserZoom, Mouseflow, HotJar, Optimizely
• Demonstrated ability through the research lifecycle, from research design, selecting appropriate methodology, to behavioral analysis across the spectrum of methods and research problems
• Be an expert and adaptable communicator, perceptive about the audience for research and knowledgeable about how to tailor communication to the audience
• Demonstrated ability to handle challenging research recruits in a professional manner
• Experience applying research and analysis to user experience solutions in an end-to-end project process
• Solid working knowledge of the latest qualitative and quantitative analysis toolsets
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects of varying timelines, degrees of complexity and scope
• Timely, responsible, prepared and does what it takes to get the job done
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. Youll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword its part of our culture.
Learn more about our Benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.