For over a century, New Balance has inspired athletes and communities of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and we are driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek leaders and pioneers because theres no time to wait around for next. At New Balance, We Got Now.
JOB MISSION: The FP&A Analyst will support the planning and forecasting process. The FP&A analyst will be an integral part of Canada FP&A and Finance team. We are looking for a proactive, curious, energetic individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to learn and make a difference. An Ideal candidate will have a strong desire to drive organizational improvement and never settling for the status-quo. FP&A Analyst will use their strong financial knowledge to add narratives to financials, forecasts, budgets and provide valuable insight to the business, as well as assist in preparing a wide range of ad hoc reports and streamlining Excel financial models. FP&A Analyst will work very closely with the Accounting, Sales, Supply chain, Sales planning, Inventory planning and Merchandising teams in the NB Canada office and collaborate with other finance teams in the US office.MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES:Financial planning and analysis:• Assist with the development and monitoring of the budget, forecast, dashboards and a three-year business plan
• Assist with the preparation of the monthly commercial integrated forecasts (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash forecasts)
• Work with operations team to align financial signal with the supply and sales forecast
• Develop new/and or enhance existing processes to improve forecast and budget accuracy
• Upload of forecast and budgets into the SAP Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC) platform
• Identify, quantify, communicate out and address areas of risk and opportunities within the business
• Participate in monthly forecasting (CIF) meetings and provide insights
Financial reporting and analysis:• Assist in the preparation of the monthly reporting package
• Track and analyze KPIs, highlight the trends, analyze cause of unexpected variance and provide valuable commentary to explain the variance drivers and business trend
• Prepare customer profitability reporting
• Prepare Weekly Sales dashboards
• Provide management with timely adhoc financial analysis and reports as needed (revenue analysis, budget reviews, forecasting and business analytics)
• Prepare in-depth analysis and internal reports for the management team
• Prepare Power Point slide decks for business reviews, budget/forecast meetings and any other management meetings
• Take lead in validating data/ report integrity and ensuring consistency
• Continuously streamline, improve and innovate the processes while maintaining documentation
• Develop and maintain financial models, forecasting tools and other analytical tools
Accounting:• Work closely with accounting team during month end to understand any potential impact to the forecast
• Analyze and explain variance drivers vs forecast, budget and prior year
• Provide direction on any accruals needed
• Prepare discount/ rebate journal entry and advise on opportunities/ risks
• Participate in BS review meetings
• Other accounting responsibilities as required
Other responsibilities:• Product costing: Assist in the product pricing process by providing preliminary product cost to Merchandizing team on quarterly basis.
• Other projects / ad hoc work as instructed by line manager.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS:• University degree in business, finance or related field
• Have or working towards CPA or MBA
• 2-5 years progressive FP&A experience
• Advanced Excel and Power Point skills are critical to the role: Must have strong Microsoft Excel skills and financial modeling experience.
• Experience in the athletic footwear/apparel industry is a definite asset
• Proficiency in data analysis and reporting
• Consistently exhibits New Balances Values, taking pride in being innovative, proactive, passionate, self directed, and entrepreneurial
• High level of critical and logical thinking, and ability to identify and solve problems independently.
• Strong analytical skills
• Takes ownership of the accuracy, reliability and relevance of the reporting and analysis.
• Adept problem solver and an eye for detail/accuracy
• Ability to meet deadlines and a willingness to learn
• Strong decision making and problem solving skills
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. Youll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword its part of our culture.
Learn more about our Benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.