For over a century, New Balance has inspired athletes and communities of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and we are driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek leaders and pioneers because theres no time to wait around for next. At New Balance, We Got Now.
As a BI Developer, you will be part of a fast paced, highly productive, dynamic and engaging BI and data analytics IT team creating and maintaining efficient data and analytical solutions for business problems. You will be working with the Global Consumer Insights & Analytics business team and other internal business owners to turn data into information and knowledge that solutions support and helps business teams drive improvement in key business metrics, customer experience and business results. Youll have a strong understanding of information security to ensure complaint handling and management of data.
• Design and build reporting data structures to support the business initiatives in the area of consumer insights and analytics
• Architect, design and develop dashboards and visualizations
• Provide guidance for technical and architectural design to Analysts within the business unit for analysis and configuration activities
• Deploy dashboards in collaboration with data engineering and business teams
• Work closely with business stakeholders to gather and understand requirements, how they translate into dashboard features
• Create and execute independently on tasks assigned. Deliver on time, on budget and with high quality. Identifies obstacles and seeks assistance when needed. Provide status updates to management and project stakeholders.
• Translate technical information for all users, technical and non-technical
• Partner closely with on and offshore technical resources
• Ensure that proper standards, policies and procedures are followed
• Foster a positive work environment by promoting teamwork and open communication
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS:
• Requires a bachelors degree in computer science, MIS or a related field, or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of 2+ years of experience in utilizing a business intelligence tools like TIBCO Spotfire, Power BI or Tableau in a corporate environment
• Strong SQL skills
• Ability to present analytical data and strategic ideas in a clear, concise manner
• Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Hands on experience in TIBCO Spotfire is a plus
• Knowledge of Python, Spark/Spark SQL and/or Snowflake is a plus
• Experience with deploying modern data solutions in a cloud computing environment leveraging components like Azure Data Factory, Azure Functions, Azure Data Lake, and DataBricks will be a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. Youll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword its part of our culture.
Learn more about our Benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.