For over a century, New Balance has inspired athletes and communities of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and we are driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek leaders and pioneers because theres no time to wait around for next. At New Balance, We Got Now.
JOB MISSIONThe product manager leads what should be done by the product development team. They own their product line/workstream independently and are responsible for determining the appropriate capabilities to drive the business forward. They are responsible for defining personas, customer journeys, and report on the performance of their offering. They evangelize the product capability set to the organization, identify opportunities where the organization can leverage existing product sets, and determine gap areas for new product development.
• Responsible for daily management of backlog in Jira
• Writes user stories and defines acceptance criteria
• Defines the goals for each iteration
• Clarifies requirements/priorities for the team during daily standup, backlog grooming
• Manages daily triage processes for any operational tickets that are filtered into the team. They will do initial vetting before it gets to the team and own prioritization
• Reviews & accepts Stories upon their completion during the sprint
• Responsible for train the trainer materials that allow regions and teams to adopt capabilities successfully
• Provides demo at end of sprint to stakeholders
• Creates user journey maps and prioritizes based on value
• Meets with stakeholders to review business objectives, market problems and defines priorities for product workstreams
• Defines market size for product development initiatives
• Defines user and buyer personas associated with the markets for the products built
• Responsible for product roadmap and vision for product line or workstream
• Defines distinctive competencies and differentiation w/ value proposition of a product offering
• Serves as the resident expert on the competitive landscape for their product area
• Evangelizes product capability set. This includes describing why (through valuation), what, and performance results of product
• Partners with business and marketing teams on go-to-market, e.g. associated marketing campaigns for features, pricing, training of field facing teams on business terms, internal sales tools
• Responsible of the economics of a particular feature, or product set, including build/buy decisions, feature valuation, performance, and profitability
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS
• Bachelor's Degree in Business or Technical Field
• 3-5 years as either a Business Systems Analyst, Product Management role, or Product Engineering role. Or 3-5 years of industry expertise with 1-2 years of product management experience.
• Agile software development, strong communication and presentation skills, technical expertise, background in agile story writing, data driven decision making
• Ability to feel confident on working independently
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. Youll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword its part of our culture.
Learn more about our Benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.