For over a century, New Balance has inspired athletes and communities of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and we are driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek leaders and pioneers because theres no time to wait around for next. At New Balance, We Got Now.
Job Mission: As the eCommerce Senior Manager for Team Sports, you will oversee strategic direction for the Team Sports Website. This role will help develop, execute, and evaluate eCommerce, email, CRM, and digital catalog offerings in order to drive sales and support growth initiatives for New Balance Team Sports. The role will work closely with cross-functional teams including Sales, Product, Brand Marketing, and Direct to Consumer to help manage the Team Sports eCommerce business and achieve business goals and financial plans. This role calls for a true leader with excellent team building capabilities and sharp analytical skills who is highly detail-oriented, possesses an eye for digital UX, and is able to build strong cross-functional relationships while working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. This position reports to the GM of Team Sports.
• Delivery of Team Sports Website and Direct sales objectives
• Shape, own and deliver a multi-year digital commerce roadmap with an evolutionary mindset to constantly reset industry benchmarks.
• Oversee key digital strategic initiatives for the Team Sports organization, including newbalanceteam.com, digital catalogs, targeted emails, and social media approach driving KPIs and long-term success
• Lead optimization initiatives for the team sports website to improve user experience, conversion rates, and increased sales.
• Explore adding new, relevant technologies to help drive consumer experience focused on website optimization, personalization, and analytics to support.
• Lead consumer segmentation efforts across our CRM efforts to develop actionable consumer insights, create and execute consumer segment level contact plans, actively monitor consumer experience flows to drive engagement, retention, reactivation, loyalty, consumer lifetime value, and reduce attrition
• Create digital marketing plans and provide detailed forecasts and analysis to lead the development of the overall Team Sports eCommerce marketing calendar and strategic execution.
• Provide strategic guidance, insight, and knowledge about market trends, consumer attitudes, and competitors. Determine the success of the digital marketing strategy based on this information and adapt.
• Determine site merchandising strategy for the Team Sports business.
• Ensure execution of all Direct to Team functions in line with the product strategy including sourcing, sales, IT, and vendor programs/relationships.
• Work closely with the sales and IT organizations to deliver B2B enhancements
• Collaborate with MADE organization on footwear customization initiative as a core team member and digital customization subject matter expert
• Lead collaboration with third party vendors around digital implementations for customization
• Explore, identify, and implement intelligent automation methods to deliver operationally efficient workflows.
• Provide thought leadership and collaborate with colleagues to develop and evolve Team Sports eCommerce platform as best in class.
• Provide subject matter expertise for existing/new technology considerations, digital commerce best practices, product management best practices and emerging trends, agile delivery process and evolving customer expectations.
Requirements for Success:
• Bachelors Degree, 10+ years of Website management, marketing experience, including retail, eCommerce & CRM
• Consumer relationship marketing experience, driving 1-on-1 connections through innovative retention efforts including email, acquisition, and social
• Digital Marketing, leveraging consumer segmentation to drive effective cross platform marketing programs. Solid understanding of the linkage between brand and site marketing, including digital media planning and forecasting
• Experience with product customization
• P&L responsibility and budget management, with track record of delivering on the business and tracking ROI
• Excellent leadership skills, including proven ability to manage / lead within a complex matrix organization and coach / grow your teams
• Proven ability to create a positive working environment that encourages creativity and the championing of new ideas and processes
• Excellent analytical skills, with detailed knowledge of retention & traffic driving metrics and KPIs
• Passion for Sports
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. Youll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword its part of our culture.
Learn more about our Benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.