For over a century, New Balance has inspired athletes and communities of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and we are driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek leaders and pioneers because theres no time to wait around for next. At New Balance, We Got Now.
JOB MISSION: As an Associate Product Manager, you will work in cross-functional teams to assist in successfully developing, designing, managing, merchandising, and driving product assortments that meets business plans needs and long term visions.
• Responsible for helping to grow the relationship with key event partners and lead a cross-functional team in creating compelling key event assortments that generate excitement, connect with target consumers, and bring an authentic theme seasonally.
• Help develop category strategy and execute a business plan to support Running, while taking into account manufacturing, cost, and market requirements.
• Participate in conducting ongoing market and trend research to gain a full understanding of the needs of the target consumer in the category in order build a superior product line. You will continually evaluate competitors businesses and the marketplace to capitalize on potential opportunities.
• Contribute to creating detailed product and marketing briefs for each season.
• Communicate goals, expectations, and responsibilities surrounding the product to the appropriate teams and to management.
• Demonstrate comfort level working with athletes/runners at all levels, synthesizing insights to drive product strategy and innovation.
• Deliver presentations to internal teams and customers.
• Travel to NYC with team to collaborate with key event partners, conduct focus groups, and research the market.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS:
• Bachelors degree with 3+ years of experience in product management or within the industry.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Solid product and industry knowledge.
• Frequent domestic travel required
Regular associates may be eligible to receive an annual bonus based on individual and/or business performance
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. Youll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword its part of our culture.
Learn more about our Benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.